PDA

View Full Version : What does that icon mean?

Brian Owens
1st October 2003, 07:31
What does the Japanese flag icon next to some threads in the forum indexes mean?

It also appears next to my "Profile" button on this page.

Rogier
1st October 2003, 08:23
means that there are new posts in that thread you haven't read yet..

PeteBoyes
1st October 2003, 10:16
I thought it meant that that person was currently logged on.

Rogier
1st October 2003, 10:20
might be..... not sure now...

John.... HEEEEELLLPPP

pgsmith
1st October 2003, 14:12
I'm not John (and I don't play him on a television show!), but I can tell you that you are both correct. On the forum index page, it signifies which forums (fora?) have had new posts made since the last time you logged on. Inside the individual fora (forums?), it signifies which members are currently logged on.

Cheers,

Rogier
1st October 2003, 16:36
dude... thanks for the answer.... we hereby name thee "replacement John" :D :D

Brian Owens
1st October 2003, 18:32
Originally posted by pgsmith
I'm not John (and I don't play him on a television show!), but I can tell you that you are both correct. On the forum index page, it signifies which forums (fora?) have had new posts made since the last time you logged on. Inside the individual fora (forums?), it signifies which members are currently logged on.

Thanks. But what about in this thread where it only appears next to the "Profile" button on my first post, and not any of your replies?

Duh, never mind. Of course it appears on my page now, because I'm logged on. And it's not on your replies because, I see by the time and date, you're probably logged off. Got it.

Also, as an aside, in modern usage either "fora" or "forums" is a correct plural of "forum" with "forums" being the more common. Unless you're in Rome, maybe. :)