PDA

View Full Version : images not posting

Rogier
1st October 2003, 17:40
god.... I'm gonna sound like a noob for asking this....

why aren't the images I try to post being posted?? Instead of the picture a link to the picture is shown..

John Lindsey
1st October 2003, 18:08
Need more info please :). What forum, what kind of file, etc.

Rogier
2nd October 2003, 06:33
sorry... was trying to post it in either baffling budo or bad budo.

this is the one

http://members.lycos.nl/ebudoka/images/monkey.gif

Rogier
2nd October 2003, 06:45
????

okayyyy..... so it works in here but no in baffling budo..

to be more specific... It's the Pressure Points Run Amok thread in baffling budo..

Steve Williams
3rd October 2003, 10:36
Try saving it to your own hard drive, then uploading it to the thread from there, rather than linking to it.

Thats the way I add pictures now, works much better...... and no red crosses ;)

Rogier
3rd October 2003, 10:47
thanks Steve... that does work..

I reward thee with this funny:

MarkF
3rd October 2003, 11:56
uuuh, Rogier, I'd suggest you edit that one if you don't want it deleted. Better yet, delete it and repost it in The Men's Room, it is pretty funny, though.

There are various reasons for getting links instead of the picture when posting img. links.

If it has been posted before, anywhere on this web site the software doesn't like that, and will give you the link to where it has been posted (a hyperlink, I believe). Can't post the same pic in the same thread, is another, always check to see if img. code is on, too, and make sure it is 600x800 or less, or you get a link.

Frankly, I'd rather post .img. If the size permits, there is a difference when attaching. When you attach the pic has to be under the prescribed byte level and it has to be under 600x800, as well.

With the link it posts at whatever size it is when you post the link.

Also, there is a limit of all types of images in a post, five I think, and that includes smilies, IMG., etc. It was set for faster loading time and that was a compromise from what it used to be. I think it includes other code as well. It counts words like img., even if simply explaining the procedure to someone. BTW: You can attach articles, but there will be a link most likely.

Mark

Rogier
3rd October 2003, 12:03
too late to edit...

Steve Williams
3rd October 2003, 16:54
Originally posted by MarkF
uuuh, Rogier, I'd suggest you edit that one if you don't want it deleted. Better yet, delete it and repost it in The Men's Room, it is pretty funny, though.
Mark

Its pretty funny........ so lets leave it be for the moment.......

Whats wrong with sucking chicken parts anyway?? ;)

Steve Williams
3rd October 2003, 16:56
Ok, now what I just said may be deleted, but it was "meant" to be in all innocence.......

Soulend
6th October 2003, 04:02
e

Soulend
6th October 2003, 04:04
ggwtrw

Soulend
6th October 2003, 04:06
OK, why can't I post any images at all?

Kimpatsu
7th October 2003, 02:20
Originally posted by Soulend
OK, why can't I post any images at all?
I just tried posting an image in Budo Fun, and couldn't...

John Lindsey
7th October 2003, 03:43
I am getting the same error. I am looking into it.

John Lindsey
7th October 2003, 04:15
Looks to be too many pics in the database. I can only have a max of 2 gigs. I will have to delete some pics and see if that helps. Damn, 2 gigs is a lot...

Rogier
7th October 2003, 06:45
don't delete the most important ones.... (the ones in the men's room)

Brian Owens
7th October 2003, 08:46
Originally posted by Rogier
don't delete the most important ones.... (the ones in the men's room)

Where is the "men's room" that everyone keeps talking about?

Do you mean a figurative men's room, or is there an actual e-Budo section called "The Men's Room"? If there is, I don't see it in the index.

Rogier
7th October 2003, 08:50
you'll need to ask John for permission to get in.... Do ask!! boobies and beer all around in that part of e-budo :D

larsen_huw
7th October 2003, 08:51
Originally posted by Yagyu Kenshi
Where is the "men's room" that everyone keeps talking about?

Do you mean a figurative men's room, or is there an actual e-Budo section called "The Men's Room"? If there is, I don't see it in the index.

There is a men's room, and it won't appear on your index.

Basically it's a forum where discussions can be more 'frank' about issues you might not want younger and/or more sensitive members of e-budo to see.

There are also some 'tasteful' pictures which i can't look at cos i only access the internet from work .... but have been assured they're very good.

Anyways, if you wanna access it, PM John and if he thinks you're old/mature enough to view the content, he'll fiddle with something, and a link will appear to it from the Members Lounge for you.

Brian Owens
7th October 2003, 10:00
Thanks for the info, guys.

I'm not much interested in "boobies and beer," but if there are frank discussions of martial arts, world events, etc. it might be useful to have access.

larsen_huw
7th October 2003, 10:27
Nope,

Sorry.

The frank discussions tend to be of the sexual nature. It's just somewhere you can say what you think without having to worry if you're going to offend people with your 'adult content'.

As a taster, the five threads at the top of the pile are:

How to be a man. (according to the e-Budo Men's Room)

First Sexual Experience

Extremely well endowed (nudity warning)

Poll:Sitting in the office

Hey Gene (caution roadkill picture attached)

If any of that tickles your fancy, give John a holler, otherwise leave it to us disgusting, sick & twisted wierdos! :)

Brian Owens
7th October 2003, 10:38
Originally posted by larsen_huw
If any of that tickles your fancy, give John a holler, otherwise leave it to us disgusting, sick & twisted wierdos! :)

I don't think you're a disgusting, sick & twisted wierdo. Just a "cunning linguist."

Now if you'd been a "fellow shower" afficianado I might have thought you were a disgusting, sick & twisted wierdo.

But we'll leave that for the men's room. :)

larsen_huw
7th October 2003, 10:42
I don't think you're a disgusting, sick & twisted wierdo.

Oh, but i am! :D

I just manage to hide it quite well from those i work with. I also try and tone it down (reasonably) when on a public forum where some innocents may get 'caught in the crossfire'! :)

Kimpatsu
7th October 2003, 13:15
I don't think you're a disgusting, sick & twisted wierdo. Just a "cunning linguist."
Yeah, he licks all-comers. :D

larsen_huw
7th October 2003, 14:04
Originally posted by Kimpatsu
Yeah, he licks all-comers. :D

Jesus Tony,

That's sailing a little close to the wind, isn't it?

That could be interprited as being very lewd, crude and vile!

Which would lead to you being suspended.

And we wouldn't want that, would we? :)

Kimpatsu
7th October 2003, 15:00
Well, I could say he beats all-comers.
If he's into S & M... :D