PDA

View Full Version : Kochikame and Shorinji Kempo

migjohns2
6th October 2003, 08:29
Did anyone else in Japan watch last night's Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Koen-mae Hashutsujo? It was a hoot! It star, Ryoutsu Kankichi (sorry about the abysmal romanization), teamed up with an old lady who was a Shorinji Kempo master. She tossed dozens of bad guys around using a vast array of Shorinji Kempo techniques.

If you have any sort of interest Japanese anime and/or Shornji Kempo, I think you'd find it pretty interesting. Unlike "The Killing Machine" this meant to be funny, and was.

It was a "90 minute special", so it should be out on video in the future. I think hombu might have details on how to get a copy.

Cheers,
Mike Johnson
Yamashiro Tanabe Doin

Tripitaka of AA
6th October 2003, 12:34
So it was an Anime? (a cartoon).

We are gradually learning to appreciate this form of entertainment inthe UK, but it is taking a while to get going (subtitles or dubbing, too much violence, inappropriate sexual references limiting the viewing audience to 18+, the usual reasons).

I would certainly love to see something with Shorinji Kempo in it (My kids watch the Disney animation "Mulan" about four times a week - it used to be three times a day - so I could do with a bit of variety.