PDA

View Full Version : MOVIE: Kekaeshi by Uyenishi

John Lindsey
11th June 2000, 21:26
<center> http://www.e-budo.com/pics/kekaeshi.gif </center>

Here is the next one. Pictures were not as good, so it took a bit longer to make this movie.

Kolschey
11th June 2000, 21:34
Excellent! With all of the talk of the multimedia capabilities of the web, it is wonderful to finally see someone making a good use of this technology. The leg strength
of the senior looks considerable! Definitely keep going with this project.

------------------
Krzysztof M. Mathews
" For I am the Cat who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me"
-Rudyard Kipling

John Lindsey
11th June 2000, 22:34
Here is the text from the book describing these photos:

In the cinematographic illustration I should like particularly to draw attention to the main points of the throw, which are most perfectly shown. Note the slight side turn of my pupil’s body as the sole of my foot reaches his knee; also that my body is erect, and my left leg perfectly straight during the sweeping movement to the right which finally so completely upsets my pupil’s equilibrium. The straight extension of his left arm and the swiftness of the movement towards the mat are plain indications of the vigor he is putting into the blow which breaks his fall.

[This message has been edited by John Lindsey (edited 06-11-2000).]

Aaron L. Seay
12th June 2000, 21:23
Far be it from me to critique a master, but does it look like he's being pulled down at the end of this throw? I know I would fail a test for doing that!

Tyler Durden
16th June 2000, 00:19
Excellent work. My only suggestion is to remove the moire pattern in the images.

Adam

Andrew Tate
16th June 2000, 03:44
Check out the uke fall. He don't use his arms to break the fall.

MarkF
17th June 2000, 11:51
The arms are not necessarily needed for ukemi, as long as ukemi is taken with the full length of the body. In other words, spread it out.

Also notice that he IS using his arms by holding on to tori as he falls. In kata, this is preferable.

------------------
Mark F. Feigenbaum

[This message has been edited by MarkF (edited 06-17-2000).]

kokanut
18th June 2000, 05:47
hi all,
i have a question on the throw.
is tori tapping ukes left knee at the start to make him step forward with his right foot?
if this is not the case what is the (what seems to me) the extra foot work for?

still learning in minnesota,

gary d Rudenick