PDA

View Full Version : Saminjutsu

tanaka
15th October 2003, 20:54
Need all pertinent information on the Fundamentals of Ninjutsu
The one I search for is Saminjutsu

Soulend
15th October 2003, 21:06
Whoa! Quite a website you have there, Mr. Ali!

Isn't 'saminjutsu' supposed to be the ninja art of hyponotism?

Earl Hartman
15th October 2003, 21:17
"Saiminjutsu" (the art of inducing sleep) just means hypnotism. It is not necessarily a "ninja" art.

Starkjudo
15th October 2003, 21:24
I don't know about the art, but the website is painful to my mind!

Soulend
15th October 2003, 21:44
Thanks for the info, Mr. Hartman. The only time I had seen the word was in connection with ninjers.

Earl Hartman
15th October 2003, 22:12
"Ninjers."

I like it.

Jock Armstrong
16th October 2003, 03:05
You know the difference that spelling makes don't you?

ninja- a trained close recon and ambush soldier of medieval Japan.

ninjer- indestructible, invulnerable, and improbable gentleman wearing funny clothes and swinging an historically innacurate sword

samurai- Member of the medieval Japanese warrior class distinguished by carrying two swords.

semoorai- superman in funny clothes who can fight multiple attackers without chipping his sword or getting the slightest amount of blood on himself.

Soulend
16th October 2003, 03:10
Originally posted by Earl Hartman
"Ninjers."

Yep, my spelling was quite intentional. ;)

monkeyboy_ssj
16th October 2003, 10:08
Originally posted by Soulend
Whoa! Quite a website you have there, Mr. Ali!

Gah! My epilepsy! *froth from mouth*

Is this guy joking or troll or real?

Cheers

El Guapo-san
16th October 2003, 10:56
Well Mr. Ali by the way you had that kanji read, I'd hate to say that you're mistaken. There's not much to the ninja 'art of inducing sheep'. However, there may be some Scottish or Australian kuden on this topic.

J. Vlach, Amsterdam

monkeyboy_ssj
16th October 2003, 10:59
Originally posted by El Guapo-san
There's not much to the ninja 'art of inducing sheep'.

Ahhh! The best typo i've ever seen! I thought that was a Vets job :laugh:

Cheers mate!

tanaka
16th October 2003, 21:13
There are those that have been involved in Martial sciences and react like Mature people not little children. There are 18 fundamentals to the Arts ov Ninpo and Saminjutsu to most Westerners does not exist. Half of you were babies when I started my Ninpo Training and I think that the responses are of children and not Adults

Uis I hope that when I return you will have grown some bit

Tsujimoto
16th October 2003, 22:02
Originally posted by tanaka
There are those that have been involved in Martial sciences and react like Mature people not little children. There are 18 fundamentals to the Arts ov Ninpo and Saminjutsu to most Westerners does not exist. Half of you were babies when I started my Ninpo Training and I think that the responses are of children and not Adults

You still spelled saimenjutsu (notice the "I"?) wrong though. Spelling mistakes in romanji can make a big difference (such as jutsu and jitsu). And there's actually 36 fundamentals to Ninpo.

CMM
16th October 2003, 22:04
"Uis?"

I hear that saminjutsu is popular among folks up in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest. Most people practice saminjutsu in boats, I hear, during different seasons of the year.

Do you have a saminjutsu license?

Dom C
16th October 2003, 22:53
This thread is inducing sleep......

theres got to be something more worthwile to be studying.

Jason Chambers
17th October 2003, 00:55
Mr. Ali:

They are not being childish... the site really is... errr... in need of improvement.

Mekugi
17th October 2003, 01:38
Isn't that going out and getting drunk and passing out??

If it is, then I am a Master.

;)

-R

Originally posted by Earl Hartman
"Saiminjutsu" (the art of inducing sleep) just means hypnotism. It is not necessarily a "ninja" art.

El Guapo-san
17th October 2003, 09:13
If you use that spelling of the kanji, then there are two schools of Saminjutsu.

The first one involves several Kata having to do with making your opponent read 'The Satanic Verses' thereby inducing sleep (with uke rolling away afterwards); another publicly-known kata involves giving your opponent a copy of the same book, and then calling on a passing crowd of radical Muslims to beat up opponent (uke also rolls away after this).

The second school was actually demonstrated in an ad for John West brand products a few years ago, where an Alaskan fisherman gets into a fight with a grizzly bear. The local Saminjutsu soke, Wall I. Bass, did the fight choreography.

As for Tanaka-chan in New York, perhaps the real answer can be found in Iron Body Ninja.http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/080650997X/104-6022853-4887134?v=glance

J. Vlach, Amsterdam

monkeyboy_ssj
17th October 2003, 12:25

And I hope when you return you'd have learnt to spell :rolleyes:

Just because you started your Ninpo training before I was born does not make you better than anyone else. It's skill and not time that makes a good martial artist.

But yeah, Saimenjutsu...yeah...

Ja

monkeyboy_ssj
17th October 2003, 12:39
Hmmm, also i've noticed how you got a nomination into the martial arts hall of fame and well all know the sort of people that join that...

making up your own art, Mugari-Shosen Ryu, but never saying what you are trained in? 30 years in what?

Cheers

Kreth
17th October 2003, 13:27
Need all pertinent information on the Fundamentals of Ninjutsu
The one I search for is Saminjutsu
and

Half of you were babies when I started my Ninpo Training...
Funny, I would have thought that with your long years of training, you would already know all about this...

Jeff

Baio
17th October 2003, 14:37

Uis? is that supposed to be Osu? when did that jump from karate to ninjutsu, oh i know it was when i was a baby

BigJon
17th October 2003, 15:01
Before I was born, ok...I have been in ninpo for a few short years, and I know about omote & ura...(18 x 2=?)

"No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher..." (Miyagi san)

Moko
17th October 2003, 15:21
Just when I thought it was going to be quiet and polite in the e-Budo neck of the woods...

Up here in the Pacific North Wet we practice quiet a bit of salmonjutsu. Or Samenjutsu as spelling doesn't seem to be impotent around here. Hehehehe.

However I will not give out the okuden on which lures to use and where and when to fish so some Grandmaster. A Dai Soke Grandmaster would get a lot more respecter from me than just some garden variety, off the shelf Grandmaster. Go and buy some rank buddy, then I'll pass on the secrets.
If you're actually asking about something other than fishing, like Saimenjutsu. well, you'll have to figure out on your own how to get a date. Changing your attitude.

Non-sequiters abound.

Speaking of non-sequiters...what links all the components together on that website? Anyone?

Fantasy.

Kreth
17th October 2003, 15:36
Originally posted by Moko
Speaking of non-sequiters...what links all the components together on that website?
I think someone dropped some acid while watching Dragonball Z...

Jeff

pete lohstroh
17th October 2003, 17:14
Grand dragon eh...

Now where have I heard those two words before? Hmmm...