PDA

View Full Version : Bujinkan: Martial arts supplies and weapons

Jasonhgross
17th October 2003, 13:45
Where are good online sources where I can look at and perhaps order weapons of all varieties for Bujinkan and related arts? I am looking for a combination of quality, reliability and price.

BigJon
17th October 2003, 16:11
Are you in the United States? Where are you? Who do you train with... I can provide several links, but do you want safe, padded weapons? Do you want live blades? ? Ask if your Shihan or Shidoshi knows where to get them. If you are not training with anyone, then why get weapons/equipment? Too many unanswered questions...:) :)

Jasonhgross
17th October 2003, 16:27
I am in the US, I am in Central PA, I am training with an awesome instructor but sometimes he cant get certain things or its too much of a pain to put him through. I want live blades, uniforms, basically everything. Any links you could provide would be most helpful. Basically any and all links would be awesome and I can sort through them.

BigJon
17th October 2003, 17:02
Where in PA? I live in Maryland, and have trained with guys from York, Pittsburgh, and other PA places.

Here are some starter links...

1. www.ninjutsu.com

2. www.mushmono.com (They have great stuff, but its best to ask what's in stock)

3. www.timbathurst.net (He is in Japan most of the time, but his tools arrive quickly)

4. www.n-i-n.com

tweety
17th October 2003, 17:07
Originally posted by Jon G.
Are you in the United States? Where are you? Who do you train with... I can provide several links, but do you want safe, padded weapons? Do you want live blades? ? Ask if your Shihan or Shidoshi knows where to get them. If you are not training with anyone, then why get weapons/equipment? Too many unanswered questions...:) :)

I know it seems the knee-jerk response here to say "Go ask your shidoshi." But I think it's taking it a bit too far for training gear.

I recommend these people that I have personally done buisness with. I have ordered from others, however, I have been VERY disappointed by some "buisnesses". I will mention here the ones I like, if you happen upon another, please share. If I have less than positive reviews we can talk about it in PM - so that you can go in heads up. If I don't know about them, I'd love to have another resource for myself and my friends.

www.bujindesign.com
Great gear bags, make sure to get custom sizes though, those Aikido guys don't normally carry around the sheer volume of equipment we do. It's only like 10 bucks extra to get custom anyway.

www.buyubooks.com
I've only ordered one product from here, but it was shipped very fast. I like fast shipping.

www.kabuto.nu/shop/
Videos and stuff. They have paypal (+ for me) and they ship very quickly and, I thought, cheeply considering it's from Sweden.

http://www.asp-net.com/Home/
http://www.ondutygear.com/ondutygear/index.html
These links are for RedGuns. I recommend you look for what you want on the first link and then buy from the second. The first has great pictures, but they are pricey. They second is not the cheapest on the web, but they are good prices and great people to deal with. Very professional, and of course my favorite, they ship fast.

http://www.timbathurst.net/tombo.html
Tim has padded weapons, they are a tad expensive, but he delivers quickly, has paypal, and his stuff is very popular. I have a hanbo and daisho from him that I like quite a bit. You may want to get them from him at a seminar in the US if he happens to be by as shippng it a bit expensive. But anyway, certainly an option.

http://www.concentric.net/~bukico/dojoweb3.html
The Buki company has some very cool stuff, some of it very nicely priced. You have to send a check and wait for it to clear, but they do ship right after it clears. I have placed a few orders with them and I am VERY happy with the service I have received.

http://northampton1.com/Dojo/
The last person I can think of off the top of my head is Mr. Ed Martin. He has very nice, super great priced (best value for money by far) wood weapons (hickory I beleive), as well as other products like DVDs and such. It's worth it to get his entire catalogue of weapons just to have an extra if nothing else. I suggest you sand and maybe oil it a bit when you receive them, as they are unfinished, but you won't be disappointed. Contact him for details. Exceedingly nice man to deal with, top notch service.

www.ninjutsu.com
The default for videos and such in the US. Good selection, very professional.

These links are in no particular order, and just the ones I can think off the top of my head.

-Steve Kovalcik

BigJon
17th October 2003, 17:35
I know it seems the knee-jerk response here to say "Go ask your shidoshi." But I think it's taking it a bit too far for training gear

I don't. But thats ok...:) If you are training in a good dojo, your instructor should be able to provide or point the student in the right direction...taking it a bit too far would be demanding a blackbelt in three weeks!

tweety
17th October 2003, 18:25
taking it a bit too far would be demanding a blackbelt in three weeks!

???

tweety
17th October 2003, 18:44
taking it a bit too far would be demanding a blackbelt in three weeks!

I expect my order from a domestic buisness, whether a blackbelt or not, in three weeks or less (if it's in stock). I received mine in way under three weeks, I think it was like a week and a half. ;)

-Steve

Kneppy18
20th October 2003, 02:11
Who do you train with in PA? I am currently under Ed Martin in Macungie, PA.

-Aaron Knepp

Mr.Franco
27th October 2003, 19:27
BUDOGEAR is a new company which specializes in Bujinakan weaponry. They have been at some of the Tai Kai's and local seminars. If I'm correct, they make their weapons out of recycled plastic. I have Kunai, Tanto and a Kyoketsu Shoge fro them and they are very well made and inexpensive a.k.a. my kind of weapon! I think they have dogi available as well.

Check them out at www.budogear.com