PDA

View Full Version : Paging Sensei Carl Long

tddeangelo
28th October 2003, 02:30
I'm looking to get back into contact with Sensei Carl Long. I know his email address recently changed, so if anyone out there who is in contact with him (or, if he reads this himself!) sees this post, can you either let him know I lost his email and need to contact him or have him contact me? I need write a LONG overdue reply to an email, and I lost his new address when MS Outlook crashed on my home PC.

Thanks for the help! :)

-Tom

Ben Bartlett
28th October 2003, 02:48
I know he reads this site from time to time. You might also want to post on Swordforum (http://www.swordforum.com)
, as I know he reads that, too.

Shimura
28th October 2003, 13:50
He'll be here in Pensacola next weekend conducting a seminar, and make sure to mention to him that your trying to touch base.

tddeangelo
28th October 2003, 14:36
Gary,

Thanks a million! I feel terrible because he sent me an email back in August, and when I replied I promised to follow up with another mail later on. In the meantime, Outlook decided not to work anymore, so I can't retrieve his email address.

Anyway, I appreciate your help. Tell Mr. Long I said hello and that I'll be in touch as soon as I can get his email address.

Thanks again!

-Tom

Carl Long
28th October 2003, 16:29
Hi Tom!

Sorry for the inconvenience. Drop me an e-mail at clong@jikishin-kai.com. I hope you had a great summer.

Hey Ben, how are you? Please give me a shout some time and let me know what's been happening.

Gary, thanks for the help. I'll buy you a beer next week for giving me the nice plug ;) Tell everyone I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Shimura
28th October 2003, 16:38
Your welcome sensei, and I'm looking forward to seeing you next weekend. By the way got some good pics from Japan to show you, and got news that my friend Abe certified in Iai.

Carl Long
28th October 2003, 19:28
OK Gary,

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos when I get there.
Please send Abe our congratulations!

BTW, please make sure that everyone knows that if they plan on training at Nippon Kobudo Jikishin Kai Hombu in Japan that the Hombu dojo no longer exists at Yasaka Jinja. The new Shibu dojo is still in Neyagawa-shi at a different location and the dojo-cho there is now Yamamoto-san. Miura sensei travels to Neyagawa once a week to teach at the new location. It's a 5 1/2 hour train ride each way for him. One of my students already had one of his students go to Japan for a visit only to find out that he was in the wrong place! Communication is very important, eh? Everything worked out though. But just make sure that any students that want to visit get the right address.

I'll send out a mass e-mail with all of the details later this week. Have a great day!

Shimura
28th October 2003, 20:15
Interesting info. I'll be sure to pass it on. By the way as far as I know Patty will also be in attendance, according to the message she sent. Be safe and see you soon.