PDA

View Full Version : Is AJJ a dying art?

Mollberg
31st May 2000, 21:58
wow,there are not to meany post here...I was wondering how meany forms or schools of aikijujitsu are there? I know of two or three but thats about it im kind of worryed is this a dieing art?

------------------
Stay the spear

Nathan Scott
1st June 2000, 00:07
[Post deleted by user]

Mark Jakabcsin
1st June 2000, 01:35
"You missed all the fun the first time around. The secrets of aiki were announced and aiki charlatan's were thoroughly (verbally) thrashed about the head and shoulders with ferocious binary code. It was really something."

Snort! Smile. Snort! I like ferocious binary code comment very much. How would one spell aiki in code?

mark

Nathan Scott
1st June 2000, 02:18
[Post deleted by user]

Jeff Cook
1st June 2000, 02:24
Mark,

I'm afraid binary aiki is something that should be felt, rather than read! http://216.10.1.92/ubb/smile.gif

Jeff Cook
Wabujitsu

Mark Jakabcsin
1st June 2000, 12:21
"I'm afraid binary aiki is something that should be felt, rather than read! "

Yes and it is all a secret which you can't tell me about or else you have to kill me. http://216.10.1.92/ubb/smile.gif

mark

Henry Walker
2nd June 2000, 03:25
Hi Nathan!

Sorry I missed talking to you at the seminar. (hee hee!) But thank you for not thrashing me soundly on this site.

Henry

tanaka
15th March 2002, 18:07
:smash:
I have a topic that I had to disscuss with the rest of the true Martial Arts Praticioners that are out there. For those that are in pain every night after training. For those that put forth the sweat and does not use a lot of upper lip action.
I hope neither to offend nor disrespect, but to those that do know me, I come from a generation when Teachers of the Arts were stern men that truly taught. I hope to one day carry on that tradition. But the one thing that I refuse to do is to wait for old Age to set in to get my point across. Each day that I am blessed by the Creator to have the oppourtunity to practice, and I do and I thank God for that.
The funny thing is that I feel alone out here trying to do my own thing. I am not unhappy, yet I have one question. When is enough, enough. Is Japan the end all to Martial Science. Do we have to continue to keep that engrained in our minds?
I have to say this, Uis:
to People such as: KondoKatsuyukiSensei,ObataSensei,LynSensei,TanemuraSensei.
All of these men are far ahead of their peers, and because I am only a junior in this field there is only so much that I am allowed to say or express.
I remember when things were simple, now it is an ass kissing contest.
Has everyone out there got their wires crossed.
A lot of Arts are dying because of blind predjudice and foolish notions. I just plan on keeping real, The sweat,the pain, the blood.
TakedaSensei said To Understand the new, One must study the old.
Just keeping it real.
Funny thing to ask your student as he crosses the floor, what are you here for. The money, the girls, self pride, ego and vanity.
I never said I was perfect.
Just opening alot of blind eyes
For all of those with the presupposed combat scenarios, remember Combat has no Flux, No Kata, No rules, No quarter is asked or given.
There are many geniuses here and abroad. Give due respect to those on both sides.
Stop and think for one minute, when the barrel of the Gun is pointed at you and the person across the room is a teenager with all hope gone.
Just got to keep it Real
Yours Humbly in the Arts
Sensei Eric G. Alleyne
The Grand Dragon Academy of Combative Arts

CMM
15th March 2002, 18:31
Humble sensei are the best kind...

Cady Goldfield
15th March 2002, 18:35
Is "sensei" a title one can bestow upon himself, if humble?

shadow42
15th March 2002, 19:51
Sensei is generally not something you refer to yourself with. It is rather self-centered to refer to yourself as a role model. However that is a trivial point, you seem to have some noble aspirations and I wish you good luck

Cady Goldfield
15th March 2002, 23:04
I agree. There are some good points there, and I hear where he's coming from. Obviously, Mr. Alleyne has had this on his mind for some time, having been a member of the forum since 2000, yet posting seldom. His comments are a run-on paragraph, which makes them hard to decipher at one sitting, but I know others with similar beliefs and heart who have a difficult time coming across. Not sure this fellow deserves a karma of -25!

Ron Tisdale
18th March 2002, 19:00
No disrespect to Mr. Alleyne, but I do know that I at least have let him know in the past that he commits a number of "fashion errors" when he posts calling himself sensei, spells what I assume is Osu as uis, uses run on sentences, and posts some of the things he does on a public board. I guess I'm not the only one who wonders why the behavior never changes...

I have noticed that he is in Phila. Maybe he and I can get together for a beer sometime and chat. He can then fill me in on all the silly things I do :)

Ron Tisdale

Nathan Scott
18th March 2002, 21:24
[Post deleted by user]