PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Kondek, the author

Sapporo Ichiban
1st November 2003, 23:42
Kendo World must be really hurting . . . looks like they're taking submissions from just about anyone these days! Even guys who take a thrashing from the gentler sex!

Just kidding Charlie, I saw your article in today in Kendo World--nice stuff. And I know, I know, you actually squeeeeked out a win over that young lady. I believe she turns six years old next month? Hah! Kidding again.

Kinda cool to see your article. Congrats!

Charlie Kondek
3rd November 2003, 15:26
How cool! I haven't gotten my mag in the mail yet. Can't wait.

*blushes*

I'm glad you liked it. I enjoyed writing it very much, and will probably write more (I don't know if you know this, but I'm trying to "make it" as a writer. So far I have only published here and there and am trying to get my book published).

And that girl will be seven, thank you! (Of course, I beat her by cheating. I stepped on her toes and told her in tsuba-zeriai that I would give her my bento if she took a dive for me. Which of the Four Poisons was that, I wonder?)

On a serious note, the characters are based on real persons and real experiences, but none of them, the narrator included, are representative of any one person or persons, myself included.