PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

joe yang
6th November 2003, 23:42
The more fullfilling my personal life, the fewer posts to the members lounge? Anyone? :D

Gene Williams
6th November 2003, 23:47
Yep. I really need to stay the Hell out of here.

Jock Armstrong
6th November 2003, 23:54
Posting in the members lounge is a sign of social dysfunction. It is an evil place.:eek: :p

n2shotokai
7th November 2003, 00:38
I think those are all accurate observations. My life is certainly in the crapper lately, which explains why I am in here so much recently!

monkeyboy_ssj
7th November 2003, 11:14
I like the members lougne becuase it's fun.

Humans + Martial arts = Big Egos

Whenever I talk to people about MA on the net it's just full of arguments or will eventially turn into one.

That's why I never talk about Martial arts on the net, only partake in discussions that cannot turn ugly or bias.

Cheers

Rogier
7th November 2003, 11:34
personal life???? Is the combination of these two words actually possible??

kage110
7th November 2003, 11:35
<snip>...only partake in discussions that cannot turn ugly or bias.

Good thing you are keepimg out of the 'Berlin Wall' discussion then!:D

monkeyboy_ssj
7th November 2003, 11:43
Originally posted by kage110

Good thing you are keepimg out of the 'Berlin Wall' discussion then!:D [/B]

heh! Staying way out of that one ;)

Cheers

Mike Williams
7th November 2003, 12:31
Everyone knows that the only well-adjusted people on e-budo post on the Judo forum.

Cheers,

Mike

kage110
7th November 2003, 13:29
Back to Joe's original question:

I have found that at weekends and when I am holiday I am not all that interested in even reading forums like e-budo but when I get back to work all I want to do is hang out here! :D E-budo and the other forums I visit are great fun and sometimes informative but work really sucks! :mad: :D

larsen_huw
7th November 2003, 13:50
Originally posted by kage110
Back to Joe's original question:

I have found that at weekends and when I am holiday I am not all that interested in even reading forums like e-budo but when I get back to work all I want to do is hang out here! :D E-budo and the other forums I visit are great fun and sometimes informative but work really sucks! :mad: :D

I second that! :)

I don't even have an internet connection at home .... i'm only on here 8:30-4:30 mondays to fridays ... cos work really is poo! :D

Chrono
8th November 2003, 03:45
Now that you mentioned it I guess I don't attribute as much as I used to. Since school is nearly over for the semester and I need to get my grades up, and I got about a dozen free books from one of my old professors. Of course, that may not count as a fulfilling personal life.

Jon

Shitoryu Dude
8th November 2003, 04:42
With Phil's curtailed contributions and a general tapering off of hot button topics, I'm getting a lot more reading done. :)

:beer:

n2shotokai
8th November 2003, 05:25
Originally posted by Shitoryu Dude
With Phil's curtailed contributions and a general tapering off of hot button topics, I'm getting a lot more reading done. :)

:beer:
Time to start a thread about politics. No wait, already being done.

Jock Armstrong
8th November 2003, 07:56
Work should only be regarded as a buffer between social engagements.

Church of the latter day hedonist.:beer:

Kimpatsu
8th November 2003, 08:03
Originally posted by Jock Armstrong
Work should only be regarded as a buffer between social engagements.
Church of the latter day hedonist.:beer:
I'll drink to that. :toast:

Brian Owens
8th November 2003, 10:02
Originally posted by larsen_huw
I don't even have an internet connection at home .... i'm only on here 8:30-4:30 mondays to fridays ... cos work really is poo! :D
It must be nice having a workplace that let's you surf the web. When I'm at work I have to WORK! :D

kenshorin
13th November 2003, 20:09
Originally posted by Gene Williams
Yep. I really need to stay the Hell out of here.

I would say that posting in the Member's Lounge is a function of a screwed up social life, not vice versa. I agree with Joe, when my personal life is going well, I don't post in here as much... good observation.

If the Member's Lounge is considered the place people go when the social life is on the decline, what does that make the Men's Room :confused: :laugh:

kirigirisu
13th November 2003, 20:26
Originally posted by kenshorin
If the Member's Lounge is considered the place people go when the social life is on the decline, what does that make the Men's Room :confused: :laugh:

A place to bitch about it?

Or to educate the young'uns without having to pay any consideration to offending the delicate sensibilities of the politically correct or pugilisticly feminist or obnoxiously religious?

Or to get a cheap thrill looking at hotties?

You decide.

Feminists and Fundies need not reply.

glad2bhere
13th November 2003, 21:35
Maybe an alternate explanation, and perhaps a contributing influence might be that there has been an inevitable shift in demographics.

There is only so many times that a person can get on a Net and act-out before either they are put off the Net by management (which can make for hard feelings with other members), or they get tired of being pains-in-the-butt and move onto other Nets where they can find fresh victims. The result is that the "vets" of discussion Nets use the discussion to do exactly what the Net was intended for and that is to exchange material on a subject of particular interest to the members.

For myself I have noticed that I lurk past the Members forum more often and tend to hang-out where people are discussing heavier material. I pitch-in where I can if I think it will help the discussion, but usually avoid topics that are subjective or highly opinionated. Its just not worth my time, and such things never get resolved.

If you tour the Nets that are available I think you will notice that most Nets have pretty extensive lists of categories. I am guessing that in the next couple of years you will begin to see these fold into each other as, when I open some of these categories, there are often only a few strings running and with infrequent contributions. There is a wealth of info in the archives and I am sensing that many questions that are brought to these discussion Nets have been dealt with a dfew times by now. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce