PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone who lives in Japan heard about this?

G. Zepeda
12th November 2003, 14:03
http://www.local6.com/news/2630687/detail.html

More info would be appreciated, especially from a Japanese source, in English, please.

rinpoche
12th November 2003, 16:29
Most people are unaware of exactly how close Russian nuclear subs regularly came to the Us during the Cold War.

I've talked to some Navy guys stationed in Brunswick Maine during that time, and subs woudl probe into our waters all the time. Of course, i'm sure we did the same thing.

elder999
12th November 2003, 20:05
Originally posted by rinpoche
Most people are unaware of exactly how close Russian nuclear subs regularly came to the Us during the Cold War.

I've talked to some Navy guys stationed in Brunswick Maine during that time, and subs woudl probe into our waters all the time. Of course, i'm sure we did the same thing.

Still do.

John Lindsey
12th November 2003, 20:53
Yes, it does happen all the time, but this time the Chinese seemed to want the Japanese to know about it?

Here is the first photo of the Chinese sub:

John Lindsey
12th November 2003, 20:55
Oh my, I just realized that people will think I am a racists because it is a yellow submarine! Heck, I am just a Beatles fan, so cut me some slack… :)

Vapour
12th November 2003, 21:26
Back in the days of cold war, soviet jet violated our air space numerous times and we didn't do a thing.

don
14th November 2003, 17:29
Originally posted by Vapour
Back in the days of cold war, soviet jet violated our air space numerous times and we didn't do a thing.

Sorry--are you in Japan?

I don't know if they invaded our airspace (US), but we sure invaded theirs. Read Halberstam's The Fifties re: Gary Powers. (It was largely on account of this illegal spying that Eisenhower was able to hold off congressmen demanding more aggressive action against the Soviet "threat" which was given the lie by U2 recon.)

Jock Armstrong
17th November 2003, 11:57
One of the reasons aeroflot was banned from flying into Washington was that on take off they would veer 90 degrees off course so they could overfly Anderson air base and take piccies. They did lots of that. The only reason they didn't do the U2 type stuff was their technology wasn't up to it.

Vapour
17th November 2003, 14:04
Originally posted by don
Sorry--are you in Japan?

I don't know if they invaded our airspace (US), but we sure invaded theirs. Read Halberstam's The Fifties re: Gary Powers. (It was largely on account of this illegal spying that Eisenhower was able to hold off congressmen demanding more aggressive action against the Soviet "threat" which was given the lie by U2 recon.)

Hmmm, it more like soviet air plane fly right into our air space. then our *seld-defence* force jets follow them around until soviet air plane leave. If it was in U.S. they probably shot down the jet.