PDA

View Full Version : Takamatsu Sensei Memorial

John Lindsey
18th November 2003, 00:24
I received the following flyer from Japan today. I guess I am still in good standing with the Bujinkan :).

Jay Bell
18th November 2003, 02:29
Excellent..

A bit on the 33 years of resurrection:

When a close relative dies, people go into mourning and keep both mind and body clean for 49 days following the death. Subsequently, memorial services are held at each designated time, for instance, the first anniversary and the seventh anniversary, and the dead was thought to become a god and join the ancestors only after 33 to 50 years had passed.

John Lindsey
18th November 2003, 02:54
I just noticed that they spelled his first name as Tokutsugu. I wonder if this is a typo...

doraemon
18th November 2003, 04:02
I received the following flyer from Japan today. I guess I am still in good standing with the Bujinkan .

Stranger things have happened, I mean here is California we almost elected Arnold Schwarzenegger to the governorship.....

Wait a minute...

<sigh>

Oh well, I guess we'll see how it all turns out. :)

So, you gonna pony up? ;)

El Guapo-san
18th November 2003, 08:26
Looks like I may be in Japan for other reasons at that time. Looks like I have what to do from the first to the third. Is the monument going to be ready by then?

J. Vlach, Amsterdam

JamesGarcia
18th November 2003, 16:29
"good standing with the Bujinkan"???

Who sent you the flyer John?

John Lindsey
18th November 2003, 17:25
hehehehe...

I guess this fellow:

doraemon
18th November 2003, 17:53
Fundraising....working through the rolls. :)

JamesGarcia
18th November 2003, 18:03
John Lindsey isn't in the roll, I thought. Interesting.

Jeff O
18th November 2003, 18:31
This past September in Japan, when Sensei was talking about the recently released Takamatsu Sensei video, he also had mentioned about collecting money for Takamatsu Sensei's memorial. This was going to be done through the traditional Bujinkan channels, but also that anyone could donate to it, including other budoka or associations. it may be that some of his senior students are beginning to campaign for it's growth.

Joji Ohashi site (http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/bujinkan/) has some more information about it.

Jeff O.

Larry Hairgrove
28th November 2003, 05:06
John aka MC Daddy of them all!!!!

Larry Hairgrove
28th November 2003, 05:19
Pain IS fear leaving your body.

Mekugi
28th November 2003, 05:59
Psstt...few questions....

What is the memorial going to look like? Are there any drawings or plans?

What's it going to be made out of?

Who is going to make it?

Where is this going to be?

After all that is sorted out, how much money do they need to construct this "monument"?

Seriously, why would anyone want to contribute money to a "plan-less" project without at least having a drawing, an idea of the materials or possible location?

Even the Hula-hoop had a conceptual drawing.

IMHO detials are seriously lacking here and my spidey senses are tingling.....

-R