PDA

View Full Version : Advance showing...?

David T Anderson
28th November 2003, 15:01
There's an ad for an advance showing of Last Samurai here tomorrow. I'm going to see it I can make it in...

David T Anderson
28th November 2003, 20:26
My darling wife picked up the tickets for the advance showing tomorrow evening. No wonder I love her so much...:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Brian Owens
29th November 2003, 11:11
I'm not feeling well. I don't think I'll be able to go to work for Saturday's night shift (14:45 - 01:15). I wasn't feeling well on Thanksgiving Day either, but volunteered to work anyway.

But not this time. Too ill.

But I expect to be sufficiently recovered by 7:00PM to venture out of my bed for a few hours. :D

Brian "The Frustrated Movie Critic" Owens

Ron Beaubien
29th November 2003, 12:53
Hello,

Here is a review of the movie by a guy down in Kyoto who went to one of the sneak previews and talks about it on his blog.

The Last Samurai Movie Review (http://www.planetkyoto.com/nils/archives/000617.html)

I don't believe the author is a martial artist and so his views may differ quite a bit from ours, but I thought I should post his review here in case anyone was interested.

Regards,

Ron

Sochin
29th November 2003, 18:41
I got a call from Warner Brothers studios - too cool.

They were filling the theatre with martial artists for the premier in our town. I got 5 double tickets and we had a great time.

I was impressed by the movie from an entertainment pov, and since I didn't care about historical perfection, it was ok.

Def. not a Mission Impssible or other show off vehicle.

David T Anderson
29th November 2003, 21:37
Originally posted by Sochin

They were filling the theatre with martial artists for the premier in our town. I got 5 double tickets and we had a great time.

I was impressed by the movie from an

Ted, you lucky SOB. :p

Still, I wish I had heard they had filled a room with martial artists _before_ the production started, and use the collective knowlege to sort out the s__t from the shinola. That would be a real revolution....

Walker
30th November 2003, 08:26
Originally posted by David T Anderson
Still, I wish I had heard they had filled a room with martial artists _before_ the production started, and use the collective knowlege to sort out the s__t from the shinola. That would be a real revolution.... You think that would have helped???:confused:

Sorry, I don't think so. From a "martial artist's" standpoint I bet the costumes don't have nearly enough patches...