PDA

View Full Version : Rappers & R&B Stars Join Forces to Dub Martial Arts Movie

John Lindsey
2nd December 2003, 23:38
Snoop Dogg, Method Man and Mya are among the stars who'll voiceover characters in a new MTV martial arts movie.

South Korean kung-fu film Volcano High was released in 2001 and became a cult hit, and now it's being re-released with today's hip-hop and R&B stars overdubbing the local dialect.

The film, which will be released on December 21, also features the voices of Outkast's Andre 3000 and Kelis.

http://www.4utah.com/entertainment/story.aspx?content_id=2B3AEF8D-2A7D-4734-83DD-99FD425B7023

Chrono
4th December 2003, 16:43
Does anybody else find this weird that MTV is doing something like this?

Jon

BigJon
4th December 2003, 17:11
Well after the Wu-tang clan, Jeru the Damaja, and all the other jump-on-the-kung fu-bandwagon rappers came out... No.

I thought that something like this would only be a matter of time...
But as far as Mtv doing it, no I am not surprised....they have many,many people /artists who would want to do this, maybe even too many. Jet Li seems to work with rappers/r & b singers lately.. I won't even mention Steven Seagal...(Oops too late).

kenkyusha
4th December 2003, 19:50
This trend has been in place for a while... the (Canadian music video channel) Much Music has been airing Kung Faux, which is equal parts MST3k and What's New Pussycat, but done w/Hip-Hop verbiage.

I've only seen two, and they were uneven at best (one was more groan-worthy than anything ... the other had some rather funny bits... but we liked Kung Pow too, so take that for what it's worth).

Be well,
Jigme