PDA

View Full Version : Training Shuko

Baio
3rd December 2003, 17:10
After who knows how many posts about training shuko i found out the buki co sells them but they're not the rubber ones soke talks about in the togakure ryu video. http://www.cobd.net/bukico/page2.html

John Lindsey
3rd December 2003, 17:35
Looks more like a fur comb to clean dingle berries off of an oxe's butt. There is alot more to using a shuko than just the first ring. Not a bad start, but they need to finish it...

JamesGarcia
3rd December 2003, 20:44
I agree...

I think they only made those rubber shuko once back in the 80's and only a few people ever had them. They looked more like traditional Shuko than those things on the Buki Co site.

Sunu Eagure
3rd December 2003, 23:24
The best shuko, anywhere; Here (http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/powercams.htm)

JamesGarcia
3rd December 2003, 23:27
Those work on trees or flesh?

well.. maybe orifices.

Sunu Eagure
4th December 2003, 00:17
Those work on trees or flesh?

Oh yeah, especially orifices!

John Lindsey
4th December 2003, 00:24
I have 3 sets of the old rubber shuko. They might be going on Ebay soon...

m harper
4th December 2003, 23:12
I gave those to you a long time ago. If I remember correctly it was so you would not use the real ones on me when I was your uke:)

Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

John Lindsey
5th December 2003, 01:08
Mark, I bought a bunch of them from AWMA back when they were trying to clear them out. I think they were selling for only a few dollars! I bought 20 sets and I should have bought 200! Ya know, there is probably an old dusty rubber mold in some Chinese sweat shop that was used to make them. If they only knew how popular it would be to bring em back...

m harper
5th December 2003, 01:17
I bought 50 sets and only have 3 left.
I gave Joseph Adriance a pair and he replaced the wrist strap with a thick piece of leather to make a ring. It works just like the real ones.

Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

John Lindsey
5th December 2003, 01:35
Find the Chinese fellow with the mold and we can all get rich!

James Conlan
25th January 2004, 13:47
It looks like the Chinese fellow turned up in Croatia ; )

http://www.kutaki.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=688&forum=1
The above link is to a thread on rubber shuko, nice picture.

James Conlan

steve schoen
25th January 2004, 15:07
John and/or Mark,

If and when you decide to sell a pair, could you let me know. Thanks!

James, those are a nice pair. Getting a hold of Pero to see how much he's asking for them.

kabutoki
25th January 2004, 15:57
Hi,
if you do get in contact with this Pero, please post the price and conditions for the shuko.

Thanks
Karsten

steve schoen
25th January 2004, 16:46
I'll post his reply here as soon as I get information. Stay tuned!

steve schoen
27th January 2004, 02:10
Here's his addy if anyone wants to join in on the Q&A...

pero.antunovic@po.htnet.hr

But don't hog the info.Kidding!

steve schoen
29th January 2004, 16:44
Price is 35-45 USD.Price include postage.
Web page from Pero will be soon availible.

Trying to get the info on "how to order". At work so don't have access to e mail from here.

Karyu
30th January 2004, 04:48
I sent an e-mail to inquire about purchasing a pair. This is the response I got :

hello friend!

SHUKO which you seen on "kutaki" is made from hard plastic and rubber.
I made them for more over two years. and not even one are not broken.
If you like to order them You must send me your home adress because I must send them by post. I īl send you price list and number of my count
on wich you can pay me.I cant make delivery before 15 th February.
here is picture again and you can send it to your friends if you like.

steve schoen
30th January 2004, 13:33
Thanks for the update Karyu.

John Lindsey
30th January 2004, 13:59
These look VERY good. Does he take paypal?

steve schoen
3rd March 2004, 18:33
http://www.bukico.com/ sells TRAINING SHUKO (LIMITED SUPPLY!)
These training shuko are made of a high flexural strength polymer. The claws are spaced far enough apart so they can be used with our training bokkens. A practical and safer alternative for training.

Price: $58.00 per pair

Look under the hand weapons section.

geosync
4th March 2004, 22:04
Not to be a smart !!! or anything, but have you even read the first post in this thread? :confused:

Originally posted by steve schoen
http://www.bukico.com/ sells TRAINING SHUKO (LIMITED SUPPLY!)

steve schoen
5th March 2004, 11:25
Sorry. Forgot that was already mentioned.

Daniel san
5th March 2004, 17:35
John,
The mold would be no problem for me to make. The question is what is the exact compositon of the rubber that would work well?
Best

geosync
20th May 2004, 17:07
I ordered a few pairs of these from Pero and was not disappointed in their quality. The common consencus among those who have seem them is that they are finely crafted and will be a great training aid as well as being as close to the real thing you can get in a training tool.

The only downside to ordering these was that payment was in the form of a wire transfer, which depending on the bank, is not cheap. Adding the wire transfer fee and shipping fee onto the cost of shuko brings it up around $100 per pair .

As I mentioned, I did order a several pair and in order to recover my costs, am making them available for less than what a single pair would cost. If anyone has any more questions about the shuko or the ordering/shipping/payment process, feel free to email or PM me.