PDA

View Full Version : Kusari Fundo/ Shaken review

Nathan Scott
9th October 2000, 23:41
Hello,

I just wanted to give kudo's to Mr. John E. Sedia of PA.

He has a small side business of producing the four pointed senban shaken ("nail pullers") and kusari fundo (weighted chain).

The quality of these custom products is pleasantly high, though I understand John apparently had some personal problems that caused him to be a little slow on his schedule in my case.

The kusari fundo is reallyh made to be used, with custom lathed, comfortable weights with welded closures. Way better than the production manriki gusari etc. available in mass.

The shaken are also unique, made to be used, and nice as well. My only gripe would be that, for the dimensions of the blade, I would prefer them to be twice as thick to correspond to it's size. If they were twice as thick, they could be used much more effectively at longer ranges.

But they are still great for middle range practice.

Just wanted to let others know that Mr. Sedia is out there making nice stuff, though I don't know if he is looking for more orders. Those that know him might wish to encourage him to offer additional metal products as well!

I believe Mr. Sedia has a small web site somewhere, though I don't remember what it is. A web search should pull it up eventually.

Regards,

John Lindsey
27th April 2001, 06:49
Any update on his website?

Kevin House
29th April 2001, 22:47
I picked up a flyer of his at the 99 Tai Kai and will dig it out of my files and see if there is something there. I would be interested in comparing with the shaken/kusari fundo I have purchased from others.
Will post the info soon

Kevin House
14th June 2001, 08:02
I finally found that flyer. No web address but heres the contact info:
John E. Sedia
(215) 773-0387
2703 Carrell Lane
Willow Grove, PA

Senban Shuriken---$50.00 + $5.00 shipping US for a set of 9 with case.

Kusari -fundo $30.00 + $5.00 shipping US

Baio
17th June 2001, 16:32
why are senban shuriken called "nail pullers" was that what they were used for? i read that there really is no known origin for shuriken and that the could have come from many different' sources