9p

John Lindsey
7th December 2003, 16:54
It is on tonight too, at 9 EST, 8 CST

Bustillo, A.
7th December 2003, 17:07
Originally posted by John Lindsey
It is on tonight too, at 9 EST, 8 CST

You sure? I don't see it scheduled for Sunday.
On the History ch tonight an SS documentary is listed for 9p sunday.

CEB
8th December 2003, 12:36
> History Channel
> 9pm Monday
> 12/8
> Samurai
> 120 mins.
>
> A history of the Japanese warriors, who were primarily
> mounted archers, but are best know for their skill with
> swords. Included: a visit with swordmaker, interviews
> with historians.

Menker
10th December 2003, 01:22
Next Airing: Saturday, Dec 13 @ 10am ET/PT

Karyu
10th December 2003, 06:50
I saw it. It was decent enough. I particularly liked the live-action recreation of the 1274 Mongol invasion.

Tea Guy
13th December 2003, 18:32
It wasn't too bad. Some of the visualizations weren't very good, and the narrator couldn't pronounce Japanese words, but other than that it was a good documentary. It didn't go out of the way to make outragious claims or paint too flowery a picture of the samurai. It discussed the rise and fall of the samurai and even the positive and negative aspects of the samurai. I thought it was rather balanced.

C.Sieg

Shimura
13th December 2003, 18:47
Saw it today and overall liked it. I'll agree that it was well balanced and did not buy into the "Samurai mythology" so much. I really enjoyed seeing commentary by Dr. Friday and wish to thank him in participating in the show. Thanks Dr. Friday.

P.S. Alot of the scenes in Kamakura brought back fond memories, I wish I could get back enventually.

Tristan
14th December 2003, 01:11
~~
I caught about the second half of it tonight. Very good for people who don't know much about the history of japan. As I am one of those people, I enjoyed it immensely.:)
~~

Mekugi
14th December 2003, 02:05
Anyone over here know what time it airs in Japan?