PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help please!

ProCell
8th December 2003, 03:16
Greetings all I'm ProCell or Jeff I'm new to the boards. I've been reading here for quite sometime tho. I had a question. I'm begining my sword training and was wondering whats the best sword to focus on? a curved blade 8 inch handle? or a strait blade 14 inch handle. My bokken is marked off for a 14 inch handle and I was wondering whats best and acurate to train hard on. ANy help from the more experienced Ninjutsu members would help alot. hope every has a great day.!

Jeff Simmons

pete lohstroh
8th December 2003, 03:57
Jeff,
if you are beginning sword training, is there is a person teaching you? Your teacher's qualifications are the first things to worry about. He/she will help you with the training sword.

ProCell
8th December 2003, 04:11
Hey thanks for the reply yea normally we use 14 inch handle bokkens but I was curious on what was more traditonally ninjutsu used. I study a not completely trad. ninjutsu and was just curious. =)

John Lindsey
8th December 2003, 05:36
Always go with a curved sword, unless you are trying out for a role in a Sho Kosugi movie. No traditional style ninjutsu student would be caught with a straight bladed sword. Worse that wearing a "little black riding hood" night suit...

cc_ninja
8th December 2003, 05:40
Hey Jeff,

Where in Texas are you from ?

Anywhere near Corpus Christi. I can let you come see a few I have to help you decide. Not one sword design will work for everyone. I personally have a 14" tsuka with a 29.25" curved blade and though that is big for most people ... I move it easily. Just one of those things you need to try. I can also help you answer any other questions you may have about the Bujinkan System & the associated Ryuha, just to help clear up the whole "Tradional / Non-tradional" ideology.

Traditionly it depends on the Ryuha. Kukishinden Ryu could be anything from the Shoto to the nodatchi (Big Battlefield Sword) while the Ninpo Ryuha have a smaller blade with a larger handle.

Let me know,

Richard Elizondo
admin@wanyunloong.com