PDA

View Full Version : Usagi-ya

Mekugi
12th December 2003, 04:31
This little shop is really neat. They have a ton of info on it as well!!
Usagiya (http://www.ksky.ne.jp/~sumie99/index.html)

Steve Delaney
12th December 2003, 05:22
Yep and it's a 40 minute drive from where I live in Saitama. :)

I'm thinking about visiting. It looks too good to be true.

Mekugi
12th December 2003, 06:01
Yeah, give back a report on that puppy. I wanna know!

-R

Originally posted by Saitama Steve
Yep and it's a 40 minute drive from where I live in Saitama. :)

I'm thinking about visiting. It looks too good to be true.

nicojo
12th December 2003, 20:24
Found them on the web just a day before you posted this. I like the little cartoon animal avatars. Nice contrast pics of a nagamaki and a naginata (how I found them...ty google). Also a nice standard way of tying a sword bag is there...though I suspect there's more than one way...like sageo? perhaps this is the sword-dealers sword-bag tie.

matane (or is that even appropriate for internet? learned it from a college girlfriend long ago),

Mekugi
12th December 2003, 23:00
"dewa, mata kondo" for formal writing. Mata....informal (mata mata).
Matane is cool though...I think.

-Russ

Originally posted by nicojo
Found them on the web just a day before you posted this. I like the little cartoon animal avatars. Nice contrast pics of a nagamaki and a naginata (how I found them...ty google). Also a nice standard way of tying a sword bag is there...though I suspect there's more than one way...like sageo? perhaps this is the sword-dealers sword-bag tie.

matane (or is that even appropriate for internet? learned it from a college girlfriend long ago),

David T Anderson
12th December 2003, 23:00
Originally posted by nicojo

This is a seriously cute site, esp. with the ummm...unique style of English.

I dunno about sword dealers, but that's the way _I_ tie up my swordbags. I discovered that knot independantly in a general book of knots [it was identified as a 'Japanese decorative knot] and spent part of an evening learning to tie it...