PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie To The Forum

Eric Cobb
10th October 2000, 23:58
Hello All,

I was referred here by Mike Suyematsu, another newbie and wanted to join in when time allows. As far as my background goes, I too am one of Tony Blauer's affiliates. Also, I am one of the senior students of Guru Stevan Plinck of Pentjak Silat Serak, and train with Scott Sonnon of the ROSS system occasionally and act as a moderator on their forum.

I've been training for almost twenty years and teach and do seminars in my area of the country. I am absolutely passionate about CQB and training people to survive real life violence! I am eager to get to know more about you and this forum.

We are at a wonderful place in time that allows us to interact with those we otherwise would never meet. Hopefully, this will eventually lead to a safer environment for our families and students as we help each other grow.

Many thanks for the chance to participate.

Eric

Mark Brecht
11th October 2000, 12:35
Dear Eric,

welcome to E-budo and thank you for being so polite to introduce yourself. Please feel free to participate anywhere on ebudo, and do not hesitate to post new threats. Nice to have you on board.

Take care,

Michael Becker
11th October 2000, 13:12
Hello

I second Mark's welcome.

I myself have done some training in Seni and Pencak Silat though at the present I practice Chinese MA. We are not the only silat men lurking here either so you are in good company!

Like Mark said, have a wander around and participate freely!

Robc
11th October 2000, 17:29
Greetings and welcome,

I thought the following article might be of interest, particularly the first half. I've read some of this fellow's stuff and it always seems to make good, sound sense.
http://www.mapromag.com/mapromag/interviews/9905/page1.shtml