PDA

View Full Version : Shorinji Kempo: Ultimate Self Defense DVD

Jake McKee
17th December 2003, 00:23
Greetings,

A new Shorinji Kempo DVD has been released today and is available in stock at http://www.budovideos.com

A direct link is here:

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/catalog/product_16853_Shorinji_Kempo_Ultimate_Self_Defense_DVD.html

Thank you!

Jake McKee

tracey fuller
17th December 2003, 19:53
Does anyone know is it possible to get it in the UK?

Regards Tracey

Indar
17th December 2003, 20:36
Tracey;

ask your branch master to order it via the BSKF

luar
18th December 2003, 18:14
Wait a minute, is this the DVD version of the infamous videotape produced by the British Federation and has embu footage of Robert Villiers?

Steve Williams
18th December 2003, 23:08
Tracey: You can order it online, just use the link above.
It will cost you an adittional $10 (according to the site) to ship to the UK.
Or you could ask your branch master to order via the BSKF as Indar suggests, although I have never seen the DVD available that way, only the video.

Luar: Yes it's that one ;)

luar
18th December 2003, 23:17
Renamed and Remarketed. I suppose this is not the director's cut complete with new unreleased scenes? In either case, I hope this one gets circulated more.

Actually, its funny this is comming up because as some of you know, I have video of our Embus up on our web site and Ohashi Sensei felt that one was sufficient and me to put together a brief video that just shows a typical class.

For the most part it is taking longer than expected but I was wondering if there was some kind of promotional trailer from this DVD that we all can use.

Indar
19th December 2003, 14:22
Originally posted by Steve Williams

Luar: Yes it's that one ;)

advice to BSKF members: buy the video, it's a lot cheaper (£15 compared to $50 + p&p = about £40).

George Hyde
19th December 2003, 17:03
Originally posted by Indar
advice to BSKF members: buy the video, it's a lot cheaper (£15 compared to $50 + p&p = about £40).

...and it's in English.

Later,

tracey fuller
19th December 2003, 23:37
Thanks guys
Regards Tracey

Kimpatsu
20th December 2003, 00:11
Gassho.
Sorry to interrupt, but is the video with the English soundtrack available in NTSC version, or is it PAL only?
Kesshu.

Tripitaka of AA
20th December 2003, 09:18
... and is the UK video available to non-kenshi?

Is this the video which I bought a few years ago; cover design by Kevin Trent. Some sequences shot in a funky widescreen, on a slant. Jee Sensei doing Tenchiken dai-Ichi in a group display. Lots of familiar views of Stockwell Dojo. Aosaka Sensei doing his "my-legs-are-connected-to-my-body-by-string" Randori demo.

luar
20th December 2003, 14:00
You know the cover design will make a great T-Shirt