PDA

View Full Version : Protective Gear, best protection best money?

Compact Diss
26th December 2003, 07:33
A lot of you know I got my ten year old girl going into a sparring competition. I have just confirmed that she will need full gear.

Chest Protector
Hand Pads
Foot Pads
Heaad Gear
Mouthpiece.

Any suggestions on the best gear? I am interested in the "Macho" brand. I also would like to get a good deal on these items.
Any help would be appreciated. I would like to be able to purchase a complete set. I still have to figure out the sizing and so on...It seems to me that Macho looks the best.

RobertW
26th December 2003, 17:16
Macho and Century are always a solid choice. May I suggest a full face guard? I would never have said that even a few years ago, but, as sportsmanship deteriorates...
At any rate a cage is good, otherwise if you can get your hands on a Shureido Full face see through guard you would be buying the Cadillac of the business. However the Shureido brand is hard to find use your internet to find the store nearest you that carries it.

http://www.karatedo.co.jp/shureido/english/e_bougu/e_bougu.html

Click on above to see their English page...

Compact Diss
26th December 2003, 23:22
I am definitely going with the Macho gear, fits my budget.

Steel Talon
10th January 2004, 23:11
Hello C.d..

Check out KarateDepot.com they have macho sets plus they only charge $2.95 for all standard UPS shipping. Their prices are ok , you can find better prices out there if you search.

Another good place I've used is MartialArtsSupermarket.com usually cheaper that karatedepot but you pay full UPS shipping depending on weight and odd sized packages.

Hope this helps

All The Best
Steele Talon

Ricco Sawavy
11th January 2004, 01:00
Originally posted by Compact Diss
A lot of you know I got my ten year old girl going into a sparring competition. I have just confirmed that she will need full gear.

Chest Protector
Hand Pads
Foot Pads
Heaad Gear
Mouthpiece.

God. Why donít you just get her body armor and skip all the trouble?
What circuit requires all of this stuff? I can understand gloves, mouthpiece and head gear but anything past that is really overdoing it don't you think? They are only 10 year old girls how much damage can they do?

(while the tone of the post may sound slightly rude I am not trying to be)