PDA

View Full Version : Classical Fighting Arts," formerly Dragon Times," and Harry Cook's article

Steven Malanosk
3rd January 2004, 21:26
I received a complimentary issue of the new version of Dragon Times, now in magazine form and retitled Classical Fighting Arts.

The article, Some notes on the evolution of traditional karate, by our own Harry Cook, is as expected, exemplary.

Nice job Harry.:smilejapa

Budoka 34
4th January 2004, 01:34
Here, here!

I've found Classical Fighting Arts to be one of the best magazines of its type on the market. Mr.Cook's work is always enlightening to say the least.

:smilejapa

Harry Cook
4th January 2004, 22:29
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen. I'm glad you enjoyed the first part, I hope you find remainder just as interesting.
Yours,
Harry Cook

Pete Knox
5th January 2004, 02:04
Mr. Cook:

Glad to know you're aboard. I second the previous posters in saying that your articles are always quite informative, as well as well-written; the rest of the magazine follows the same pattern as well. Even though I'm not a Shotokan stylist, the articles always seem to have a great deal of value for karateka of other styles, as well as practitioners of classical arts other than karate-do. One thing I've always appreciated about the articles in CFA/DT is the inclusion of a bibliography; it always seems to open up more opportunities for further knowledge.

Now how about some cool articles on old-time Judo? :D

n2shotokai
5th January 2004, 14:42
As I have mentioned before......

I used to be a subscriber, but due to the behaviour and actions of the editor I refuse to support that business in any way. To be clear, it has nothing to do with Mr. Cook.