PDA

View Full Version : How Often?

Fallen_soul
21st January 2004, 03:39
I was just wondering how often the rest of us meditate. Or how often we'd like to so we get as much out of it as possible.

And i guess my second question for this thread is, what do you meditate for. I know people who meditate to calm down, some who do it to help them heal injuries faster, and others who do it to help them focus while they train. What is your reason.

Since I asking i might as well answer as well.

I meditate three times a week for about 30 mins at a time, although I wish I had time for more. And the reason I meditate is to help me calm down from time to time, and to increase my focus during my training.

I look forward to reading some responses.

koma
24th January 2004, 18:47
Every day if possible.
For all the reasons mentioned and to increase awareness.

Chrono
24th January 2004, 18:53
I try to meditate everyday for about 15 to 30 minutes. If not everyday, then at least 3 days a week.

I mainly do it to help sharpen my mind and awareness. As a bonus it helps me keep calm which I've noticed seems to be working.

Jon

sojobow
25th January 2004, 07:30
When being taught something new (body movement etc), I try to meditate on the on the technique until I feel that I have seen every movement of every part of my body involved. Could take 1 minute of 30 minutes depending on my minds ability to show me visually, the movements. I usually will also meditate on why.

When I have some type of decision or problem, being it the choice of the position of a picture on the wall and the placement of a box on my desk, I meditate until I can see what it looks like both with, without and if it should, or should not, exist in my environment. This may take 10 seconds or 10 minutes and, in some cases, may take more than one meditation session.

Indian and Chinese Channels also work well.