PDA

View Full Version : Funny things durring class

aiki_uke
26th January 2004, 19:32
Funny things durring class...
I got this idea from aiki web at http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=7

One time while the whole class was meditating at the beginning of class, and it was, of course, EXTREAMLY quiet, and then, out of nowhere, I busted out laughing ... Sensei just kind of gave me a strange stair that seemed to say "OK..." I eventualy calmed down and went back to meditating, but not after much effort to hold in my laughter.

So... What are some funny/embarrasing things that have happend durring your aikido class?

txhapkido
26th January 2004, 22:32
Not an Aikido story but a friend of mine used to teach Tai Chi in New York and prior to beginning class, they would meditate. Trouble was, every Sunday morning the couple upstairs would get after it and the woman was very verbal. My friend said it was great testing!

Dex
26th January 2004, 23:50
On Sunday we were all lined up at the end of the class...sensei was talking about something....

somewhere down my end of the line someone let off an absolute stinker of a fart, silently...it was brutal, like tear gas

no-one owned up either.....then outside the hall 20 minutes later the same f*cker did it again! (identical smell)...still wouldn't own up to it.

what kind of sick mind doesn't admit to a terrible thing like that?

(yeah, I am a bit old to complain about farts....but really, it would have KO'd Godzilla)

Peter H.
28th January 2004, 19:13
My first Aikido class we all lined up for rolls. I thouhgt I would have an easy time having already done karate and gymnastics in high school.

I jumped, reached out, and face planted right in to the mat, getting a bad case of rug burn on my forehead.

Now I tell mys students who are nervous about Ukemi that story, and it helps them to know that their first roll could not possible be worse than mine.