PDA

View Full Version : Is it good?

nicojo
27th January 2004, 02:01
I swear I heard of this book, and the Satsuma rebellion before I saw the movie...Also, I would like to know if anyone has read it. When I post to this forum please note that I haven't read a lot of history books on these subjects and so am looking to deepen my knowledge on these things. I have read a few textbook treatments of this particular thing, but no sort of biography about Saigo. I have read most of the webpages on him posted in the last samurai forum. Thanks for your help.

The Last Samurai--Life and Battles of Saigo Takamori ...Mark Ravira

ps, normally I would just buy these and read them myself but I'm trying to conserve and spend a bit more carefully since I've been giving Koryu.com and Prof. Friday my money for their books first. So I appreciate the educated referrels from e-budo. I trust your opinions more than the book-jackets'.

don
27th January 2004, 17:57
Originally posted by nicojo
ps, normally I would just buy these and read them myself but I'm trying to conserve and spend a bit more carefully

Me, too, so I haven't read it yet. But Revina was on the History or Hollywood production accompanying the release of the movie (along with Friday and Conlan, et al.)

Currently making my way through Sakamoto Ryoma and the Meiji Restoration by Marius B. Jansen (interlibrary loan). So far, so good.