PDA

View Full Version : Iaito for sale

dan keup
29th January 2004, 19:23
DJTUCSON a fellow e- budo board member has asked me to post his iaito for sale it is a tozando model, the most basic one with the crane tsuba, 2.35 is the size. There are two minor nics in the blade.
The saya has been refinished in a bombay mahagony over black. This iaito is still quite servicable. Nice tight tsuka-ito. Dragonfly menuki, no loose parts. He is looking for $100.00/obo. I will try to post pictures tonight. If you have any questions pm me or djtucson.

caleqs
3rd February 2004, 22:04
Sent PM.

pgsmith
4th February 2004, 16:47
I wish I had known of this when I was out there last weekend! I have been meaning to pick up another dojo loaner iaito and would probably have bought it while I was there if I'd known. That's kinda the way my luck has been going so far this year! :)

Let me know if you don't get any takers on it and maybe we can work something out for me to pick it up in April!

Cheers,

dan keup
4th February 2004, 18:46
This iaito was in the trunk, in the car, parked next to yours at testing the whole time. I can't believe we missed it by that close.
I will talk to Dave and see what he wants to do, but I think selling this one is replacing money from the new one he bought this last week.

Congratulations again on nidan.

DJ Tucson
4th February 2004, 20:10
Sorry for the delay

caleqs
4th February 2004, 23:35
I would like to buy this. Do you take paypal?

G. Zepeda
11th February 2004, 18:13
Thanks Dave,
for all of those that missed this, sorry, but it's mine, now!

caleqs
11th February 2004, 21:55
Oh, nice, I had agreed to buy it over a week ago. Was waiting for DJ to give me his address to send a check, but he kept blowing me off. Could have told me you were not going to sell it to me.

Good doing business with you DJ.

dan keup
12th February 2004, 00:06
He has been very busy with kids b day and school, and took the easiest purchase for him. Sorry.

DJ Tucson
12th February 2004, 15:12
Jeff I am sorry, but I offered it to Gil before I put it on here. He came up with the money and decided he wanted it.

I told him he had first crack at a good deal. I should have called you to let you know, sorry. If I hear of a good deal I will send it your way.

caleqs
12th February 2004, 16:20
Please guys, let's take a look at what really happened. If this other deal was in the works so early, I should have told me as much. So I don't really care to hear excuses as they are empty.

I inquired on 2/3 if it was still for sale. I was told on 2/4 by Dan that it was. DJ also told me it was for sale on 2/4, but that he didn't use paypal, but would try to set it up and would pre-ship to me with a recommendation from an e-budo member. I sent him shipping instructions and asked for an address to send payment. I felt then that the deal was done. I called the number I was told to call to set this up and was told by Dan that he'd ask DJ to call me. I never heard from him. So I asked on 2/7 if this was still for sale. DJ wrote me a note and told me it was his son's bday and he'd call me the next day. I never heard a word from him until I see on the boards that he's sold it to someone else.

Hey, I don't care one way or another, but don't make empty excuses for clearly not being upfront with me and for leading me on.

I do, however, accept you apologies DJ.

DJ Tucson
12th February 2004, 23:05
Leading you on no one was getting laid here.

Sorry bad attempt at humar:my apology is Sincere. I am very sorry and I agree with everything you said. I should have call asap!

caleqs
13th February 2004, 16:29
Thanks DJ, I appreciate your sincerity.