PDA

View Full Version : Karma [little green dot]

ssanutokh
2nd February 2004, 22:03
Just out of curiosity, what's the function of the http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/images/postkarma.gif button? Whenever I click on it under posts, I get a dialogue talking about Karmic Corrections which tells me that no comments have been left.

I've scoured the FAQ for answers to this mystery, but to no avail; I find this utterly mystifying, so if one of you has some clarity for me, I'd be most appreciative.

If not, it's no big deal, just thought I'd attempt to satisfy my curiosity.

MarkF
3rd February 2004, 05:10
The "Karma" button is left over from a "beta" test which didn't work out with most people who post here. Generally, someone could comment on your post[s] positively or negatively, and you received points that way. Too many negative, and your posting privileges could be suspended, or people would simply ignore your posts. The opposite would happen with a lot of positive "karma points."

But it didn't work out so it is gone for all intents and purposes. There was a button under the user's name, so one could vote and/or comment on a particular poster's view on any subject matter. Points were also given for logging on, posting, etc.

I'm not sure why the button is still there but it isn't functional, at least not for the intended purpose.

Mark

ssanutokh
3rd February 2004, 16:04
Originally posted by MarkF
The "Karma" button is left over from a "beta" test which didn't work out with most people who post here. Generally, someone could comment on your post[s] positively or negatively, and you received points that way. Too many negative, and your posting privileges could be suspended, or people would simply ignore your posts. The opposite would happen with a lot of positive "karma points."

But it didn't work out so it is gone for all intents and purposes. There was a button under the user's name, so one could vote and/or comment on a particular poster's view on any subject matter. Points were also given for logging on, posting, etc.

I'm not sure why the button is still there but it isn't functional, at least not for the intended purpose.

Mark

Thank you.