PDA

View Full Version : Arm Destruction

Scott Rogers
21st February 2004, 02:18
When someone grabs your arm or lapel, knocking them out or breaking a joint is not always legaly feasible. With arm destructions you can send a strong message to your attacker, and set up his body in such a way that he cannot immediately strike you. The first point we will discuss is located on the top of the bicep muscle 2/3 of the way up torwards the deltoid. This point is stuck at a 90 degree angle into the arm. Picture someone grabbing your arm by the wrist, the elbow or even the lapel. With your right hand strike their right bicep in torwards the bone with a heavy not a snapping blow. The arm that is struck will be knocked back and down, removing it from your body. If struck with sufficient force it will completley numb the arm for some time. This point is best struck with either a knifehand or a hammerfist blow. Try this with a partner and report your results. You learn by doing not reading and theorizing.

80's Rocker
21st February 2004, 06:27
I prefer striking with a middle knuckle strike right behind the elbow joint, getting the arm to go dead. Then follow up with a joint locking technique.

Patrick Bevatori

Shison
22nd February 2004, 06:49
I've always liked Tsumugasumi.

You have plenty of time to get away while they're on the ground screaming like a baby. :D

StanLee
23rd February 2004, 09:32
I have done this myself during my ikkyu aikido grading.

My uke comes at me with a strike to the belly. Whilst I evade his line of punch, I struck at the described area of his striking arm.

I then throw them to the ground.

I only did this because I had it done to me by the head of Irish aikikai and it bloody hurt!:D

Incidently, is there a pressure on the top of one's wrist, just slightly behind the line of the thumb (on the boney part)?

Rogier
24th February 2004, 11:43
Originally posted by Scott Rogers
The first point we will discuss is located on the top of the bicep muscle 2/3 of the way up torwards the deltoid. This point is stuck at a 90 degree angle into the arm.

is this the same point most kids use (used it on my brother lots of times) by hitting it with their knuckles? (I think most people will know what I mean)

Scott Rogers
24th February 2004, 22:32
Yes it is the same point. Most of the arm points when struck correctly will casue the hand to open and also be quite painful. The point on the upper forearm as well as the point on the upper bicep have tha capacity to make the whole arm go numb. A sim ilar point exists on the side of the leg at the exact poin t your middle finger would rest in attention position.