PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Points On The Drunk & Drugged Up

larsen_huw
24th February 2004, 12:06
Hi there,

Do excuse me if this has already been mentioned and I've missed it.

Has anyone here had to use pressure points on someone who was temporarily oblivious to pain?

The most obvious scenarios would be when someone attacked you after too much drink, or drugs.

Did the pressure points work, or did you have to rattle their brain round in their skull or disable a body part to stop them?

Does the application of pressure points have to be more precise on those who are inebriated?

Scott Rogers
24th February 2004, 22:35
From experience and collected testimonials, some of the points actually work better on people who are drunk. I think what you come across with drunk people is the fact that they feel no pain. therefroe your killer reverse punch smashing their nose is not going to have such a great effect. On the other hand knocking them out on a pressurep out on a pressure point shot has little to do with pain and more to do with the correct application of force.

Iron Chef
24th February 2004, 22:45
Originally posted by Scott Rogers
From experience and collected testimonials, some of the points actually work better on people who are drunk. I think what you come across with drunk people is the fact that they feel no pain. therefroe your killer reverse punch smashing their nose is not going to have such a great effect. On the other hand knocking them out on a pressurep out on a pressure point shot has little to do with pain and more to do with the correct application of force.

Is this because their musculature is more relaxed and it is easier the rattle the brain box? That would be my guess. Or does it have to do with Chi or something like that? Thanks.

Iron Chef
26th February 2004, 18:31
Originally posted by Iron Chef
Is this because their musculature is more relaxed and it is easier the rattle the brain box? That would be my guess. Or does it have to do with Chi or something like that? Thanks.

I guess no one knows. This was a legitimate question and one of my dry ala 'Steven Wright' pieces of humor. :(

Scott Rogers
26th February 2004, 20:28
Being more relaxed actually makes some of the techniques harder to execute. Being that they are drunk, their whole system is not working properly, without going into a "chi" explanation, the points of the head (skull) are more sensitive on drunk people.

StanLee
27th February 2004, 08:14
How about just giving the drunk person more to drink until they pass out by themselves?:D

Iron Chef
27th February 2004, 20:21
Thanks

unagi
11th March 2004, 14:21
Friend of mine was beligerent and drunk and kept wanting to fight me he tried to choke me. So a jammed my thumb in his armpit it took a while till he let go but I just kept applying pressure. He said that the only thing he rembers that night is how much that hurt. I thought it was kinda funny.

Andy Cadotte