PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Points versus Knock Out Points

Becky Sheetz
25th February 2004, 14:04
Add me to the list of those fascinated with pressure points, nerves, knock outs points, etc. While I fully appreciate the complexity of dim mak and arts that utlizes multiple strikes/brushes/etc. to a combination of points, life is short and there are a lot of other things upon which I want to focus. My question is, can anyone point me in the direction of references on single knock out points, most which, I imagine will be on the head? First hand accounts would also be helpful.

Thank you!

Scott Rogers
25th February 2004, 20:22
Becky,
Any pressure point struck hard enough can be a single point ko. That said of course the ones on the neck and head work the best. One excellent point to begin working with is the stomach 5 point under the jaw. Strike this point up and in torwards the head with a palm strike. To test the effectiveness grab a training partner and LIGHTLY palm to the chin as taught in most karate schools and see the result. aside from a little pain and the annoyance of being struck, there wiull be no appreciable effect. Then use your palm to the side of the jaw and see the difference. If struck correctly it should feel as if an electric shock has gone off in your opponents head. This is the start of a knockout, A little harder and he will fall.

Becky Sheetz
25th February 2004, 20:43
Good info, Scott. Can you tell me the exact location? That area's got a # of nerves and I want to be sure we're talking about the same ones. If you give me the TCM # I'll reference it. I guess the average palm is large enough to cover most of the average jaw, but is there a point at which there should be greater concentration? Having said that, why is the palm advantagous over a knuckle or two, or is it simply safer in a training environment.

I appreciate your help!

Scott Rogers
26th February 2004, 00:06
The point you are looking for is known as Stomach # 5

jbjujitsu
5th March 2004, 04:45
Becky (and all),

If you really want an incredible reference on pressure points, you need to check out Master Evan Pantazi's kyusho.com (www.kyusho.com). This is without a doubt the most complete, extensive, and detailed site I have ever seen on kyusho.

I HIGHLY suggest you go to the forum and register. The amount of information you will have access to is absolutely AMAZING!

I have had the honor and priviledge to personally train with Master Pantazi (and he has knocked me out more than once with pressure points) and he is a true gentleman and scholar of the martial arts.

Tell him I sent you. :)

Let me know if I can help with any PP questions.

John

the Khazar Kid
7th October 2004, 03:29
Interesting information on the Mayan warrior arts! What weapons did they prefer to use to attack these points in their demonstration? Cudgels? Fisticuffs? Open hands?

Was this art by any chance called something like "Xhupa Porrazo"? I heard this mentioned as the Mayan warrior art on the old "Yaomachtia" site some years back. The site no longer exists. Supposedly "Yaomachtia" was the Aztec warrior art and the masters of "Yaomachtia" and "Xhupa Porrazo" were giving a seminar together. It all seemed somewhat dodgy as Yaomachtia appeared from all information visible on the site to be nothing more nor less than repackaged Filipino "Arnis de Mano". Yet on the other hand the system was apparently endorsed and praised by a signed letter from small-circle jujitsu founder Wally Jay visible on the site.

I have also heard of Mayan and other Mexican and Andean traditions knowledge of acupressure and acupuncture (either Mayans or some other jungle tribe in South America use wooden acupuncture needles for healing!). Also the Mayans called kundalini "Hurakan". Was this related to any of these traditions?

wave
28th October 2004, 19:41
Hi Becky

The point mentioned St5 is found midway between the very front middle of the jaw and the rear of the jaw along the jawline itself.

Contrary to hitting in and up, the best way is down. We have used this and taught this to all types of people all over the world.

It works best in the fashion I describe. If you need any further help, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Russell

Troll Basher
25th December 2004, 04:45
Originally posted by Becky Sheetz
Add me to the list of those fascinated with pressure points, nerves, knock outs points, etc. While I fully appreciate the complexity of dim mak and arts that utlizes multiple strikes/brushes/etc. to a combination of points, life is short and there are a lot of other things upon which I want to focus. My question is, can anyone point me in the direction of references on single knock out points, most which, I imagine will be on the head? First hand accounts would also be helpful.

Thank you!

First off don’t confuse acupuncture points with those areas used in kyusho/atemi jutsu.
Folks that equivocate the two are quacks and don’t really know what they are talking about. I refer to them as “color by numbers kyusho” people.
The folks that but into “color by numbers kyusho” will tell you that they are hitting a “kyusho point” for example stomach 5 or blah, blah, blah…..it’s a bunch of crap…. Basically any area on the head that is struck with enough force will knock you out.
And by all means stay away from kyusho.com….that has got to be the biggest group of BS artists I have ever seen. I have posted a lot of info on a different BBs about this subject so I won’t re-write it all here. You may want to check out this URL:
http://martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=324503#post324503

If you really want to learn more about kyusho and so forth get a good teacher. Anybody mentioned/shown on the above pretty much sucks.