PDA

View Full Version : Kenjutsu in the UK

DJM
24th May 2000, 23:07
Hi..
I recall someone mentioning a Kenjutsu dojo in Leeds on this forum a while back..
The only other information that's available, currently, is what I scribbled down from a somewhat weathered poster outside the MA shop in Leeds. As far as I could make out the dojo is Eikoku Roshukai, and teaches Musu Jikiden Ryu, Katori Shinto Ryu and Niten Ichi Ryu..
I was wondering if anyone had further information about this dojo?
Many Thanks,
David

------------------
Poetry of Birds,
A Thousand Voice Melody,
Dancing on the Waves
-- David Marshall

Gmason
7th June 2000, 13:06
Hi David

Your not currently working at Ventura in Leeds are you ? (There is a David J Marshall here)

There is a Kenjutsu dojo in Leeds, I can't remeber where it is, I will see if I can dig out the address, if not there is a martial arts shop on North Street which is where I got the details from in the first place.

I don't know if your interested but there is a very good Kendo Dojo in Halifax, where they also practice Iaido, if you want any info on that feel free to Email me.

------------------

hyaku
7th June 2000, 14:32
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DJM:
[B]Hi..
I recall someone mentioning a Kenjutsu dojo in Leeds on this forum a while back..
The only other information that's available, currently, is what I scribbled down from a somewhat weathered poster outside the MA shop in Leeds. As far as I could make out the dojo is Eikoku Roshukai, and teaches Musu Jikiden Ryu, Katori Shinto Ryu and Niten Ichi Ryu..
I was wondering if anyone had further information about this dojo?
Many Thanks,
David

Hello Mr Marshall,

as much info as you need.

The leader of the Leeds Dojo Mark Sykes is here in Matsuyama with two others practicing with Iwata Sensei until tomorrow.

Roshukai is Iwata Sensei's Organization set up to promulgate Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu as Oe Masamichi taught it in Japan as is has got inexorabley mixed up with the ZNKR's Seitei-gata Iai.

The Leeds Dojo Shiroi Bara also does Hyoho Niten Ichiryu

Visit http://www2.saganet.ne.jp/sword

After a recent meeting they now run the three ryu seperately.

Katori Shinto Ryu is based in Stoke.

Iwata Sensei will visit Eikoku Roshukai in August. Perhaps his last visit as he is 87 this year.

Contact Brain Morrison for further details brian.morrison@virgin.net

Regards Hyakutake

DJM
8th June 2000, 00:00
Many thanks to both of the above posters for the information..
Gareth,
I'm not at Ventura, but I find it a bit scary there's another D J Marshall in computing so close http://216.10.1.92/ubb/eek.gif
I have the address for the place I mentioned above, which I too got from the MA shop on North Street..
Halifax is currently a little far afield for me at the moment, since I'm not driving these days (too little use for a car in York to justify having one until now.. http://216.10.1.92/ubb/frown.gif)

Hyakutake,
Wonderful, I'm most grateful for this information.. I'll be mailing Mr Morrison tomorrow for some additional info..
Perhaps you could enlighten me as to ZNKR? It's not an acronym I'm familiar with..

Again, many thanks,
David

------------------
Poetry of Birds,
A Thousand Voice Melody,
Dancing on the Waves
-- David Marshall