PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Sumo Workshop and Mini Competition & Dohyo Building Party March 20th &13th

Oniyama
4th March 2004, 21:58
Lone Star Sumo Workshop and Mini Competition and Dohyo Building Party
Saturday March 20th, 2004 and Saturday March 13th, 2004 Respectively

Lone Star Sumo Workshop and Mini Competition
Saturday March 20th, 2004
Workshop 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Competition 3:30 to 5:30 PM
Fees
Workshop and Competition: Free, donations appreciated
Competition Spectators: Free, donations appreciated

Instructors
We will have on hand John Hidalgo and Bart Harris who have been active in the Sumo community for one and a half years and three years respectively.
We have also invited Thomas Zabel from San Antonio to teach. He wrestled in Japan for six years on the Misawa City/Air Base team. In 1997 he was awarded Grade Holder Deed #25983 (First Grade) teaching certificate from The Foundation of Japan Sumo.

After the workshop we will have a Mini Competition. This will include adult and youth competitions. Adults are encouraged to wear mawashi traditionally. Minors are required to wear shorts underneath the mawashi. We should be working on a dirt dohyo surface. In the event of inclement weather we will move into the gymnastics studio.
Out of town guests are welcomed. Unfortunately due to budget constraints for this particular event I will not be able cover accommodations. I will try to help with other perks as I can.

Directions to Acrotex can be found here:
http://www.roundrockbujinkan.com/rrblocations.html

Acrotex Gymnastics
708 Round Rock West Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681
(512) 244-5437

Dohyo Building Party
Saturday March 13th, 2004
1:30 PM
The week before the competition we will be building a Dohyo. THe Dohyo is the ring in which we do Sumo. This will be build at the Acrotex Gymnastics facility.
Wear comfortable work clothes. You may also want to bring work gloves.
I will be covering pizza afterwards.

For more information contact:
John Hidalgo
www.lonestarsumo.org