PDA

View Full Version : Kyusho.com

jbjujitsu
5th March 2004, 04:48
Hey all,

If you really want an incredible reference on pressure points, you need to check out Master Evan Pantazi's kyusho.com (www.kyusho.com). This is without a doubt the most complete, extensive, and detailed site I have ever seen on kyusho.

I HIGHLY suggest you go to the forum and register. The amount of information you will have access to is absolutely AMAZING!

I have had the honor and priviledge to personally train with Master Pantazi (and he has knocked me out more than once with pressure points) and he is a true gentleman and scholar of the martial arts.

Tell him I sent you. :)

Let me know if I can help with any PP questions.

John

Becky Sheetz
8th March 2004, 19:00
John, the site looks really good. Check your PM. And thanks for posting it.

Mekugi
8th March 2004, 19:09
What, praytell, is this?

huh?<link> (http://www.kyusho.com/chadseibert1.mpg)

bradley john
26th April 2004, 02:29
Something you will most likely never understand...lol

bradley john

Troll Basher
26th April 2004, 07:57
Originally posted by bradley john
Something you will most likely never understand...lol

bradley john

Every once in a while I see this kind of crap on Japanese TV.:rolleyes: The so called Master is asked by someone to demonstrate on a non-student but declines.....saying it will take years of practice and training. :rolleyes:
I can accomplish the same thing as the uke in the video with a bottle of whisky. :D Actually nobody has ever been able to that to me even after I have had said bottle of whisky too.

Troll Basher
26th April 2004, 08:03
Originally posted by Mekugi
What, praytell, is this?

huh?<link> (http://www.kyusho.com/chadseibert1.mpg)

Actually what I find more questionable is this

http://www.kyusho.com/clip.htm

Not only do I doubt the 10 yr old girl could knock a grown man out I doubt the color by numbers kyusho they are trying to propagate.

Mekugi
26th April 2004, 20:13
She could if she uses magic taiji/daoist immortal energy. Come on everyone knows that.

SHEESH. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Troll Basher
Actually what I find more questionable is this

http://www.kyusho.com/clip.htm

Not only do I doubt the 10 yr old girl could knock a grown man out I doubt the color by numbers kyusho they are trying to propagate.

chizikunbo
26th April 2004, 21:00
There forum sucks though, unless you pay, the free one sucks, the paid one as well probebly:mad:

Michael Bland
29th April 2004, 01:44
Man... the sad thing is that there are people out there that believe the crap from that video clip of the 10 yr old girl...

Hey Robert - Maybe not the bottle of whiskey - but how about 17 shots of buttery nipples? Oh wait.. that was me that went down. *smile*

-Michael Bland

Troll Basher
29th April 2004, 11:13
Originally posted by Michael Bland
Man... the sad thing is that there are people out there that believe the crap from that video clip of the 10 yr old girl...

Sad but true indeed. Just as there is no pill (yet anyway) that will make you thin, there is no shortcut/quick fix to MA training. That girl is only 10 and maybe trained a month or two....it took me about as long as she has been alive before I thought I got a tiny bit of skill.
Michael, maybe you remember training at BaBa and seeing that kind of crap going on from some of the other schools around the room........funny wasnt it?

Hey Robert - Maybe not the bottle of whiskey - but how about 17 shots of buttery nipples? Oh wait.. that was me that went down. *smile*
-Michael Bland

Yes it was you that fell into a "chunderous" state........Actually I think you only saw me drunk MAYBE once or twice.....

chris davis 200
29th April 2004, 12:57
jeez!

that 10 year old hardley hitting the guy causes knock out - yeh ok!

It is amazing that during a full contact Muay Thai Bout with a massive amount of striking and kneeing they NEVER hit these points isnt it!

i say again - jeez!

It worries me that if at some point this little girl gets attacked she will try this sort of garbage and get killed!!!!!!!

Why send your kids to learn this!

chris

Michael Bland
29th April 2004, 17:34
It worries me that if at some point this little girl gets attacked she will try this sort of garbage and get killed!!!!!!!
Chris - Hence the reason for dojo yaburi. Instructors propagating this kind of crap are placing people in danger - not helping them.

Robert - I don't remember anyone trying to do this pressure point KO stuff, but I do remember the "ki practioners" acting like they were knocking each other out from across the room. It's hard for me to believe that even they believed in what they were doing.

-Michael Bland

Troll Basher
29th April 2004, 20:19
Chris -

Robert - I don't remember anyone trying to do this pressure point KO stuff, but I do remember the "ki practioners" acting like they were knocking each other out from across the room. It's hard for me to believe that even they believed in what they were doing.

-Michael Bland

I was talking about the first video Mekugi put up. It reminds me exactly of the people at Baba

Michael Bland
29th April 2004, 23:02
Ahh. My bad. Didn't realize it was a different one. Now I get it.
But the people at baba had to overact groaning and rolling around the floor. Here we only see the fall. still cheesy, though. I'd love too see someone do it to me.

-Michael Bland

Troll Basher
30th April 2004, 07:45
Yeah, I would like to see some "numuts" try that on me too......after he he did his little finger dance I think I would splay him open like a friggin trout

Gary Liddington
4th May 2004, 13:53
I love these sorts of posts.. HAs anyone here trained with Mr Pantazi? (He runs the kyusho.com site) I have been to seminars with him and others interested in kyusho and this stuff is real.. You all just need to open your eyes and go and train with these guys..

Troll Basher
4th May 2004, 14:03
Originally posted by Gary Liddington
I love these sorts of posts.. HAs anyone here trained with Mr Pantazi? (He runs the kyusho.com site) I have been to seminars with him and others interested in kyusho and this stuff is real.. You all just need to open your eyes and go and train with these guys..

Yeah,yeah,yeah......I love your sort of posts as well. "Have you ever trained with him?" great defensive strategy for discussion boards, but the fact remains that crap has yet to work on anyone that is not "open to the experience" ......he is welcome to come and try that on me anytime. UNtil such date and time that it works on me I will continue to think it is crap that only works on weak minds.

Daniel Son
4th May 2004, 19:05
It takes a lot of practice I am sure to stand perfectly still and wait to get "socked" in the eye with no kind of flinching what so ever. Or maybe his punch was just soooo lightning fast he couldn;t react in time!

I like his comment "I read somewhere....."

http://www.kyusho.com/eyeko1.wmv

You would think you would put your "good stuff" up lol, to try and sell. Well, actually that is the good stuff. Baa ha ha ha This must be the "self defense" they teach for the seniors in the nursing homes??

http://www.kyusho.com/jackieoickle1.wmv

Troll Basher
4th May 2004, 20:10
Two of the worst displays I have ever seen.

CEB
4th May 2004, 20:44
Originally posted by Daniel Son

http://www.kyusho.com/eyeko1.wmv

The kappo is a little interesting. My Sensei has talked about how his teachers would tap on the back of his neck to help stop his nose from bleeding after taking a punch to the face. I never understood that treatment unless you smacked the guy hard enough he might forget about his nose for a little bit. Well I saw in this video the guy administers kappo by tapping the guy on the back of his neck. I'll tap the back of my neck sometimes if i feel draggy or tired it seems to wake me up a little. I still don't see how it slow nosebleeds.

I still think these kind of Kyusho Jutsu guys should try for their national olympic judo teams. They could easily apply these knock outs and not after to worry about ducking incoming atemi. They could win Olympic gold medals and have alot more marketing power.

Michael Bland
4th May 2004, 21:45
I never thought that the back of the neck thing did anything useful for me. If I truly got rocked, the last thing I want is for anyone to be touching me. Please just let me throw up somewhere.

As for a guy going down after getting smacked hard in the eye, there's a big secret. (dripping sarcasm) Many people will go down if you can manage to hit them. Even so, I have been nailed in the eye many times very hard and didn't go down. If the guy has any real experience fighting I doubt he would go down.

As for the video clip of the girl... give me a break. It's too disgusting to even comment on...

R_Garrelts
4th May 2004, 22:03
Originally posted by CEB
I still think these kind of Kyusho Jutsu guys should try for their national olympic judo teams. They could easily apply these knock outs and not after to worry about ducking incoming atemi. They could win Olympic gold medals and have alot more marketing power.

Forget judo. We're talking multi-million dollar potential in the NFL--which brings up an interesting point. I think the real mystery is why judoka, NFL lineman, and sumotori, in all the hours they spend in close contact with each other, don't ever seem to accidentally "tap" any of these points and leave their opponents mysteriously incapacitated. Hmmm...

Troll Basher
5th May 2004, 10:03
Even so, I have been nailed in the eye many times very hard and didn't go down. If the guy has any real experience fighting I doubt he would go down.

True........Sean and I know your weak point is actually your little toe!;) (inside joke) How about posting your hospital photos!

Gary Liddington
5th May 2004, 15:02
Originally posted by Troll Basher
Yeah,yeah,yeah......I love your sort of posts as well. .

Um.. All I'm saying is that you could go to him. He's not going to worry about what you think.. Instead of just blowing it out of the water maybe you could do it purely out of interest?

But then again I've just seen that you are located in Japan, so getting to him may be difficult.

Michael Bland
5th May 2004, 19:17
True........Sean and I know your weak point is actually your little toe! (inside joke) How about posting your hospital photos!

I don't think the photos do the injury justice. It still hurts me to think about it. But they have been up on my website for quite some time:

Nastily broken pinky toe (http://www.geocities.com/blandlij/gallery/toe/toe.htm)

enjoy...

Troll Basher
5th May 2004, 22:29
Um.. All I'm saying is that you could go to him. He's not going to worry about what you think.. Instead of just blowing it out of the water maybe you could do it purely out of interest?

But then again I've just seen that you are located in Japan, so getting to him may be difficult.

I have commented on this kind of thing on other threads here and other BBs......I have had people claim to be able to do that kind of thing but to date NOBODY has ever been able to pull it off on me or anybody that wasn't their student.
Plus I have no interest in learning such "techniques" since they tend to make a joke of the MAs and the people there in.

Troll Basher
5th May 2004, 22:42
I also might add that I have lived in China/Taiwan for three years and seen some pretty strange stuff from people practicing Ki that I couldn't explain how or why it works.....none of which had any real practical value for defense against violent attacks....but it was interesting.
I have seen a plethera of Western "Pseudo Intellectual wet fart" Martial Artists try to pass of what they do as some sort of Ki or kyusho and insist it is a defensive technique. Basically it comes across as childish and stupid.......not to mention useless.

Gary Liddington
6th May 2004, 08:53
OK.. Fair enough. But you have to take these things in context. I agree that a very fast brutal assault will probably mean that specific strikes to specific kyusho will not be possible. However, of these guys are martial artists of one kind or another, so you would have to rely on your skills in that art to defend yourself.

The impression is very much painting-by-numbers kyusho, but all the schools teaching kyusho jutsu teach a specific martial art then incorporate the kyusho into that art.

Going back to my first point though, if the situation is right then kyusho can be effective (usally first strike scenarios; ever been punched and winded?). None of the instructors say that 'you will drop anyone with this 100% guaranteed'. They are realistic enough to realise that kyusho doesn't work on everyone. Just like not everyone has a high pain tolerance, not everyone likes hot foods etc etc

And yet another way to look at kyusho is that 'kyusho' can be defined as a weak point. Not just a pressure point..

Just trying to keep things civil..

Troll Basher
6th May 2004, 10:58

And yet another way to look at kyusho is that 'kyusho' can be defined as a weak point. Not just a pressure point..

Just trying to keep things civil..

I have corrected and given (on other posts, BBs, threads) the definition of Kyusho as related to MAs.....I have yet to see anyone on these tapes/mpegs even come close to doing Kyusho techniques.

Suffice it to say one should know and understand what the Japanese word "kyusho" actually means as related MA before they use in in print or claim to be able to do it as a technique.

Gary Liddington
6th May 2004, 14:14
Ok. Out of personal interest could you give your definition of a kyusho technique? As I mentioned before, I have heard a few different definitions of the term, and I am always happy to hear more.

Troll Basher
6th May 2004, 19:38
Ok. Out of personal interest could you give your definition of a kyusho technique? As I mentioned before, I have heard a few different definitions of the term, and I am always happy to hear more.

Look it up on this BBs, MartialTalk, and Budoseek.....it's on all of them.

Gary Liddington
7th May 2004, 15:01
Call me thick (or unexperienced using the search function) but I can't find any of your stuff on the bbs's