8th March 2004, 03:45
Administrative Contact:
Dwayne Tarver (KIJHDRENJO) detarver@home.com
80 Via Serena
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
US
999-999-9999 fax: 999-999-9999

www.detarver.com

I am sure you Isshin Ryu people have heard the story about Mr. Tarver running off on his student down here in Louisiana. Do them a favor and pass on his information to them.

Jason Chambers
8th March 2004, 04:04
You may even see yourself being exploited in on eof these photos:

http://www.detarver.com/photos.htm

detarver
28th March 2004, 18:34
I would love to hear from any form the Karate Family Center days. We held a party for all the Black Belts in Feb 03, just before one of them, Bryan, shipped of to Afghanistan. we invited all the former students we could find.

anyway, please feel free to contact me, it would be great to catch up.

As far as the the posts from Jason, we settled that on a different thread.

Peace to all

D. E. Tarver

Jason Chambers
28th March 2004, 19:39
Yes, it has...

Mr. Tarver was going by the JoeBudo alias... or something like that, in that thread. You failed to mention that Dewayne...

Why don't you get your old crowd together and talk to them about re-opening some Isshin Ryu schools in BTR? I am more than sure this area is sick of TKD/TSD and don't want to drive out to Hammond or Mandeville just to train.

Tony and Christina(?) were teaching at the Sports Club a few years ago, but I don't know if they still are.

Re-opening would be good for the community... Let the TSD schools compete with each other. Baton Rouge needs more martial arts from Japan/Okinawa.

Just a thought.

detarver
28th March 2004, 20:12
I did offer to help Tony open a school there, but he is tied up with his other business. Christina is in New Orleans now, Bryan is in Afghanistan, may God protect him, I do not know where Leo, Andrea, Ray, or John are. Kevin is still there but he is moving in two weeks.

I wish that I could open somthing up there. I love the city and miss the students. If all of the health clubs are still offering free lessons I am not sure how anyone can stay in business, but I wish them nothing but the best.

Oh, by the way, I changed from Joebubo this morning because it would not let me log in. The site was down yeaterday I it may have deleted the account.

D. E. Tarver

Jason Chambers
28th March 2004, 22:30
Trust me, if a health club here is offering lesseons, the member is paying for them some kind of way.

Sad to see the TSD Mafia take over the city. Are you on good terms with the Isshin Ryu Instructor in Hammond or Mr. Storms in Mandeville? Maybe they could bring it out there again.

detarver
28th March 2004, 23:59
I completely agree that they are paying one way or the other, usually through quality. I had lost contact with Mike until a few weeks ago. Our webmaster sent him a email (I don’t think me missed anyone on the planet) --- By the way if you are reading this and received one and would rather not please let me know and I’ll make sure he does not send you another--- anyway we talked a bit and he seemed pretty busy with seminars and stuff.

Tony is the best bet. He trained with me since the days in Baker – about 16 years ago. And he had a natural talent. I will contact him and see if I can persuade him. I don’t know when you last saw him, but we were calling him little Buddha at the party. The boy loves his chow.

I’ll let you know if I am able to make any head way with him.

Jason Chambers
29th March 2004, 00:10
Unfortunately, Tony had some personal issues that he was struggling with back in the early to mid 90's. Our friend, who owned the dojo that Tony was teaching at, forced him to leave because of this. It was sad to see a business come between two people that appeared to be very close otherwise.

I hope he is doing well. Tell him I think about him once and a while and hope he is well.

detarver
29th March 2004, 01:36
I'll sure pass it along. It's is too bad about the other school. Tony is a great guy and as you know a very talented martial artist. He was a great student. I just pulled out a picture of him that we took at the Bater Dojo and he is about 14 - man oh man that seemd like forever ago.

I will pass on your best to him as soon as I can get in touch with him. Him being a detective make it hard to contact him sometimes.

The next time we all get together down there you are more than welcome to come

Best
D