PDA

View Full Version : About Japan????

KENSHIN-SAN
15th March 2004, 17:32
Hi Alls:

I need your help Please, because I have to make a demonstration about Japan People, live,clothings,foods,arts,traditions, because I teaching Karate in Saint Marys School (2-6 years old) and then have to expose all the japanese traditions ¡Can you Help me? any help is valious ......the real names of the ceremonies, dressing,mobiliary etc....

From Panama

Rogelio A. Ortega R.
Panamá, Rep. Of Panamá
sensei_buddha@hotmail.com :D

George Kohler
16th March 2004, 04:19
Mr. Ortega,

I going to move this to the History and Tradition Forum.

don
16th March 2004, 19:15
How long is your presentation?

"(2-6 years old)"

So you need to change the subject often and probably need something getting the kids moving...

ORIGAMI

INTRODUCTION TO CHOPSTICKS (a friend of mine "cheats" by tying off the ends with rubber bands and wedging a piece of rolled up paper just in front of that. This gives the kids a kind of tweezers.)

JAN/KEN/POI-rock, paper, scissors

COUNTING 1-5 with checks:
RECEPTIVE--say the number in Jpn; the kids point to the number on the board/raise the right number of fingers
PRODUCTIVE--reverse above (point to the number...)
WHO--choral answers v individual answers v kids in pairs, use JAN?KEN to decide, etc.

JAPANESE CONTRIBUTIONS TO ENGLISH/SPANISH--sayonara, harakiri (hairy-carry), kamikaze, sushi, etc.

Just a few off the top of my head, good for probably 45 mins give or take. Good luck.

KENSHIN-SAN
16th March 2004, 20:36
Thankyou:

Don I has a 45 minutes for make the demo and I aprecciate your help...really thankyou

Rogelio Ortega
sensei_buddha@hotmail.com

don
17th March 2004, 19:40
Originally posted by KENSHIN-SAN
Thankyou:

Don I has a 45 minutes for make the demo and I aprecciate your help...really thankyou

Rogelio Ortega
sensei_buddha@hotmail.com

My pleasure. Hope you find them successfu if you decide to use them. Break a leg.