PDA

View Full Version : [MIBUGISHIDEN] When the Last Sword is Drawn

FujitaMakoto
16th March 2004, 05:16
I searched the forums using the title of this film and noticed that it has not been discussed.

I highly recommend this outstanding movie. It portrays the controversial Shinsengumi and recently won the best film of the year in the Japan Academy Award.

People who are familiar with anime will be interested to know that it concerns Saitou Hajime (Saito Hajime). I noticed that many people frown upon any reference to anime but if it wasn't for Rurouni Kenshin I would never have considered researching the historical Saito Hajime.

red_xavier
21st March 2004, 20:05
A very very good movie. With great swordfights. But it's primarily a drama like Twilight Samurai (which I have yet to see).

Like Gohatto, the story follows the members of the Shinsengumi. The usual faces are there... Okita Souji, Hajime Saitou, Hijikata, Kondou etc. It's also one of the few live action movies to show the Ikeda Inn raid.

Fantastic, I highly recommend it.

The new Zatoichi is also pretty cool, it features a bokuto duel which is one of the best I've seen on TV.

Joseph Svinth
21st March 2004, 20:54
Please sign your postings.

The easiest way is to add it to your signature line.

FujitaMakoto
25th March 2004, 01:53
The movie "I Want to Die a Samurai" starring Raizo Ichikawa also depicts the raid on Ikedaya.

Tokugawa Hiro
26th March 2004, 21:47
Haven't seen it (Mibugishiden) yet, but I hope I will soon. I _have_ seen Daibosatsu Toge, though-- simply incredible! It was a little freaky at the end, though-- but they sure took care of Serizawa!

FujitaMakoto
11th April 2004, 03:50
http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=25692