PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strikes

Jude
16th March 2004, 20:00
For my black belt test I have to develop six counter strikes techniques to a level of "decisive effectiveness". I just graduated to advance level so I just began working on my black belt curriculum so here's my first technique:

Jab counter
1- Uke(right handed) in the onguard stance face Shite(left handed) in the natural stance.
2- Uke throw a lunging jab to Shite's chin.
3- Shite sidestep to his right while deflecting/traping the jab with his left(back) hand.
4- Shite deliver a riken to the L2 point (kyosho.com), the strike
should send a numbing jolt trough the arm.
5- Then Shite strike with his forearm on Uke extended elbow.

The end...

I think this is fairly decisive, the sidestep deflect/trap part might offer some challenge but it will also be part of many other technique so it's good that practice it a lot.

So what do you think?

Rogier
23rd March 2004, 13:33
3- Shite sidestep to his right while deflecting/traping the jab with his left(back) hand.

You'd have to be extremely fast to trap the jab. But we'll assume that you're fast enough. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if you sidestep right wouldn't you still be in front of your attacker. He would be able to kick you with both legs or hit you with the other arm!

4- Shite deliver a riken to the L2 point (kyosho.com), the strike should send a numbing jolt trough the arm.

This would result in him jerking his arm back, which is a very natural response. The natural response would also be quite strong so his arm would be bend and not stretched out. This would mean that your next technique would not be possible.

5- Then Shite strike with his forearm on Uke extended elbow.

as I said, this might not be possible. Even then say you break his elbow... then what? What is the intend of the attacker, is the intend to truly hurt you? If that is the case then taking just one arm out isn't really going to help.