PDA

View Full Version : collecting embu videos

shokenshi
18th March 2004, 16:01
gassho.

I'm starting a new colletcion on shorinjikempo embu and demonstration videos. I've found some of them on the internet. I wonder if your embu are available for download on the net. I use e-mule net and always search for a new one. If anyone has an idea on how can I find more of it, please tell me. (and if anyone wants to download my videos just go to e-mule and type 'shorinji' or 'kempo').

erikboman
18th March 2004, 20:56
Greetings!

If you go to http://www.shorinji-kempo.org/sthlm-sodra/ and look under the link "Bilder och Filmer", you can find some videos at the bottom of the page.

regards / Erik Boman

satsukikorin
18th March 2004, 21:04
Gassho, Sandro.

Sounds like I've done something similar to what you're working on: I like to download many of the video clips I find at different Shorinji Kempo sites. So far I've gotten several from the Kenseikai site, some from Sweden, some from Britain, one that I think came from the New York City branch, and two large files from the late Mori Doki sensei's website (although those are not embu).

I don't have the links handy, but if you go to those branches' websites, you should able to find the videos.

:)

luar
18th March 2004, 22:40
I have no problem if you are simply collecting these videos for personal use but we do not give our permission for the commercial use of our videos.

shokenshi
19th March 2004, 03:06
gassho.

don't you worry Mr Raul. It never passed on my mind. I'm a responsible member of WSKO and I would never sell anything related to shorinji kempo. The videos I'm collecting are for my personal use only and for showing in the WSKO Branch I belong to. Through these videos I was able to see in action kenshi from Sweden (great demo at http://www.suginoharyu.com/html/index.html), French, Japan and other countries in action, presenting shorinji kempo.

luar
19th March 2004, 13:05
Oh I am sure you won't and I certainly would love to have a copy. I just felt it needed to said for all the trollers we've had lately.

Incidently, I need some advice. The videos on our website are in RealVideo and I chose that because it had the best compression.

I am not so sure if I happy with the overall qualtiy and using such a proprietary format. Thanks to some new software that I recently aquired, I am thinking of redoing them. I prefer to have one copy of the video and not a small and large versions. I also want a good resolution that allows you to see the details of of embu instead of a postage stamp.

I am debating using either MPEG or WMV. MPEG is more standard but does not compress as nicely as WMV. On the other hand, WMV is standard for Windows whereas other O/S's need to download the CODEC.

Suggestions?

dtoone
20th March 2004, 00:37
Originally posted by luar

I am debating using either MPEG or WMV. MPEG is more standard but does not compress as nicely as WMV. On the other hand, WMV is standard for Windows whereas other O/S's need to download the CODEC.

Suggestions?

What about Quicktime? Most people will already have all the software loaded in their browser.

Random
20th March 2004, 01:12
I recently viewed some footage of Sensi Fukenbarros ( Phonetic spelling please excuse me) early classes here in America. WOW.
The video I saw was a picture of a video being shown off of a old 8 mm reel to reel recorded on a more modern camcorder. I have asked Sensi Loftin to try to contact Sensi Fukenbarrow to get copy's made of them. They even had embu with long and short staves. ( sp errors abound) I got a kick out of watching Sensi Stump doing cartwheels.

luar
20th March 2004, 03:43
Originally posted by dtoone
What about Quicktime? Most people will already have all the software loaded in their browser.

QuickTime movies do not compress as well as the other formats I have mentioned and that too requires people to load a proprietary viewer.

luar
20th March 2004, 03:52
Originally posted by dtoone

QuickTime movies do not compress as well as the other formats I have mentioned and that too requires people to load a proprietary viewer.