PDA

View Full Version : Australian Koryu Bujutsu Federation

Paul Steadman
25th March 2004, 22:40
Hi all,

I'm posting this on behalf of the Australian Koryu Bujutsu Federation Inc (AKBF), to invite you and the the members of your dojo to the first Annual General Meeting to be held at the Kiribilly Club, 11 Harbour View, Lavander Bay - SYDNEY, NSW 2000. The meeting will assemble in the bar/coffee lounge at 10:00am with the meeting commencing at 11:00am sharp. Following the meeting, I would like to invite you to relax, meet other koryu sensei & monjin and discuss the koryu arts while enjoying lunch at the club around 1:00pm.

Invitations, meetings notices and a copy of the agenda have been mailed out to the shibu-cho or sensei of all the koryu dojo in Australia. This meeting is being convened as per the Association Incorperation Regulation, 1999, (Formerly Associations Incorperation Act 1984, Reg 1985, Clause 10) and other requirements under law, and to follow up on the further development and progress of the AKBF since the inaugural formation meeting held 29th June 2002 in Sydney.

For more information and further details on the Annual General Meeting and/or the AKBF please contact the following office bearers and commitee members:

Persident: Mr. G. Marton of Tenjin Shinyo Ryu Jujutsu
Tel: (02) 9439 1111, E-mail: gsmarton@intalink.com.au

Secretary: Ms. S. Lappin of Yagyu Shingan Ryu Heiho-jutsu
Tel: (04) 1436 1634, E-mail: e4sarah@hotmail.com

Exec. Officer: Mr. P. Steadman of the Koden Bujutsu Dojo
Tel: (04) 1820 5883, E-mail: akbf@telstra.com

Look forward to seeing you at the meeting and/or talking with you soon. All the best.

Regards,

Paul Steadman

Jason W
29th March 2004, 06:36
Hi Paul,

Good to see things beginning to move along.

Do you have a date for this meeting?

cheers,

Jason Wotherspoon

Paul Steadman
30th March 2004, 00:41
Hi Jason,

Sorry, I didn't realise that I neglected to post the date. Details are as follows:

Notice of 1st Annual General Meetng

Date: Monday 26th of April 2004
Time: Assembling at 10:00am, meeting at 11:00am sharp
Venue: The Kiribilli Club 11 Harbour View, Lavender Bay- Sydney NSW 2000 AUSTRALIA
Cost: $10- per person (to cover room hire and materials)

Please e-mail me at: akbf@telstra.com with your updated contacted details if you require a copy of the agenda or further details about the Australian Koryu Bujutsu Federation Inc. All the best.

Regards,

Jock Armstrong
30th March 2004, 01:47
Pity I can't go- sounds interesting. I'm not actually a koryu practitioner- technically Toyama ryu is a gendai system. Good luck and have fun.

I'm heading back to QLD in God's country.

Paul Steadman
30th March 2004, 06:25
Hello Jock,

AKBF membership is available to all sincere budoka with an interest in the koryu arts. There are a number of membership options available. In general the AKBF is following the precidance of the Kobudo Shinkokai and the Kobudokai (Nihon Budokan), as such instructors and students of Toyama-ryu (Nakamura-ha, Yamaguchi-ha & Mori-ha) and Daito-ryu among others may consider membership to the AKBF.

For further details and information (although very much dated and in need of maintainence) check out: http://au.geocities.com/koryunet , I hope to be able to get an IT expert to clean the sit up soon.

Regards,

Jason W
30th March 2004, 13:36
Thanks for the details. I'm not sure if I can make this one though, unfortunately, sounds like it would be interesting.

Paul you asked me about assisting opening a QLD branch sometime ago, to which I offered to help. Has there been any developments in this regard since? Things have been quiet. ANd did you have your embutaikai?

cheers,

Jason Wotherspoon
Takemusu Aiki Association of Australia

Paul Steadman
6th April 2004, 06:17
Hello all,

Here we go again: http://www.sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,9353,9180321-28778,00.html Where's that funny 'New Jersy Samurai Legislation' link? Maybe the Politicians can get some ideas from it (then again they might take it seriously)!

Hi Jason,

The AKBF would like to form an incorporated branch in each state of Australia, so it can become a national body. All you have to do is send out expressions of interest and a discussion discussion (e-mail me for a sample), then send out notices of a formation meeting (in Brisbane?) and take it from there.

We haven't had an embutaikai as yet. We have incorporated in NSW and Shimazu Kenji-sensei of Yagyu Shingan Ryu and the Kobudo Shinkokai is organising the Japanese Soke/Shihan oversight & advisory body in Japan.

We have also looked into various 'Gov't recognised,' accreditation courses as an alternative to the MAIA Lev-1 course.

Regards,