PDA

View Full Version : br

Joebudo
26th March 2004, 19:24
I posted this on another thread but I will repost it here;

Hey Paul, good to talk with you again, long time no see.

I am not sure who Jason Chambers is but I did make a few enemies over the years. Back in the mid 90s I had several schools in Louisiana that I had to close. I sold them to students and left and then they went out of business. Things like that make many people angry. I have heard some call my show, The Dojo Floor a know it all show on martial arts – statements like that usually come from people why are jealous over one thing or another. I saw one post saying that I said something negative about a Ninja, oh God forbid that I would do such a thing – although I am not really sure I did in the first place.

After the schools closed I went back to Louisiana and sat with the students who took it over and straightened everything out. These are not problems there except some angry students – that always happens when you close a school. I hated to do it, but when you can’t pay the rent and feed yourself you have to do something. More schools closed around that time than I can count, and if you close one you know the problems associated with it. Anyone from Karate Family Center is free and encouraged to contact me, I would love to hear from any of you. Most of my Black Belts are still in contact and it would be great to get us all together again.

As far as the DVD program, I am certainly not trying to say that it is as good a regular Dojo, but many people who wish to learn are no where near a dojo and this is simply to pass on information. I was studying under Joe Jennings when he founded Panther Productions and everyone was saying the same things. Now every one has one.

I apologize to anyone who received an email from our webmaster, he is young and ambitious. If you wish to be removed please let us know and you will not receive another.

I am curious as to who Jason Chambers is. Do I know you or are you just a distant enemy. I will be in Baton Rouge after I return from Japan in late May. Maybe we should meet and discuss what ever is on your mind. Who ever you say that you heard things from it was not my Black Belts. I just spent the week with most of them a few months ago.

Anyway, peace to all, No offence meant to any

D. E. Tarver