PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Clarification On Forum Rules

cheunglo
29th March 2004, 14:04
Over the past few weeks, other writers, outside the Shorinji Kempo community, have posted to this forum, in some cases, in blatant self-interest (ie troll). Whilst this may not be respectful nor desirable, I have been saddened by the vitriolic discourtesy exhibited by some of our kenshi is their replies. Although this is a Shorinji Kempo forum, it is not a dojo and certainly not barred to non-kenshi.

Remember Seigan 1 "... to respect our elders, and not slight the young ...". Making sarcastic remarks is not in the budo spirit as the outcome is not self-development but merely self-gratification. Also, the basic rules of this forum are:

Please sign your posts with your full name.
Profanity will not be tolerated.
Blatant commercial advertising is not allowed.
*** Treat your fellow E-Budo members with respect. ***

Just because others do not show respect does not automatically mean that we should respond in kind. I propose that our best response to troll-behaviour is actually to do... nothing. Eventually, they will get bored and go else where.

Steve Williams
29th March 2004, 17:40
Very good point Cheung.....

All of you should take the time TO READ THIS THREAD (http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21495)

And please remember that we are all deserving of the same treatment at the start........ until/unless we show otherwise.

If someone posts something you disagree with then please take them to task on it, but do so IN A POLITE MANNER at first, if then your response is met with an inpolite answer you can reply in kind.
If the response continues to be inpolite then report the post/person to myself or to Anders, and we will deal with it.

Remember that as Shorinji kenshi, and above all Shorinji branch masters (as some of you are) you are not only representing yourselves, but representing your own branch, federation and WSKO.