PDA

View Full Version : Nan Ban Sato Ryu Kenpo-Jutsu

henso
10th April 2004, 01:06
Please advise if anyone knows where I can locate any video or written doccumentation on this system. I am willing to pay for copies or second hand materials

Anders Pettersson
10th April 2004, 01:36
There is no relation of that art to Shorinjikempo so I really doubt that anyone here will have any information on that.

You might be luckier and get responses in the other forums that you posted the same question.

/Anders

Ellis Amdur
10th April 2004, 17:38
I would not be at all surprised if this is merely Fujita Seiko's private humor. Namban means "southern barbarian" and the only other use of this name in a ryu that I've ever heard of was a tanegashima (gunnery) school - that would make sense.

What I believe Fujita means is western boxing. In his atemi book, he refers to boxing. It doesn't look quite the same on a name-card or resume of a traditionalist to have "kento" or "Bokkushingu."

Best

Ellis Amdur
www.elllisamdur.com

henso
10th April 2004, 23:06
Ellis,

Thank you for your response, I'll look into it further, as I have the book you're refering to, assuming that we're speaking of Kenpo Gokui Atemi Sakkatsu-Ho Mekai. Interestingly, I've tracked down a proven student of Iwata's who is teaching a grappling art that he claims the is above mentioned. I will keep you posted as I find more info.