PDA

View Full Version : Oyata video

jbjujitsu
26th April 2004, 05:05
Hello all,

I am DESPERATELY seeking some video I have seen of Taika Oyata performing some beautiful Kyusho-Jitsu KO techniques.

I would really appreciate it if anyone who may have that video out there could get me a copy, or I have a massive video collection myself and would be willing to trade.

Here's hoping.

Thanks

John

chizikunbo
26th April 2004, 20:56
Get it from him...
Ryu Te Supply (http://members.rogers.com/ryu_te_supply/index.htm)
Yours in the arts,
Chizi

Bunny
25th April 2006, 22:24
Contact me if you want a copy of Oyata doing his katas (all 12) and the applications to each one. I have an old tape - picture quality is degraded, but you can clearly see what he is doing.
Here is my email:
usagidojo@bellsouth.net

johnst_nhb
27th April 2006, 17:04
Hello all,

I am DESPERATELY seeking some video I have seen of Taika Oyata performing some beautiful Kyusho-Jitsu KO techniques.

I would really appreciate it if anyone who may have that video out there could get me a copy, or I have a massive video collection myself and would be willing to trade.

Here's hoping.

Thanks

John

Not a good idea to solicit pirated videos....buckle up and buy a legit copy.

and stop calling yourself "sensei".

Bunny
27th April 2006, 20:17
Not a good idea to solicit pirated videos....buckle up and buy a legit copy.

and stop calling yourself "sensei".

For the record, the tape I am in posession of is a home movie - with an attempt at production quality - but certainly not to the standards of any worthwhile studio. It has no copyright listing or warning on it. Also, the tape is old - over 20 years old. The value lies in the material presented.

Doug Daulton
28th April 2006, 07:46
As a moderator, I'll echo the sentiments of Mr. Stebbins. e-Budo is not the place to solicit the trade/sale of unauthorized copies of teachers performing their techniques. I have a lot of home video of my teachers and a few of their friends from other ryuha. I'd NEVER even consider distributing that video to begin with, let alone without their expressed written consent.

If you want to learn a technique, seek out that teacher. If the teacher or his/her organization sells a tape/DVD then by it. Period. This thread is closed.