PDA

View Full Version : nunchaku from budogu.com

jezah81
4th May 2004, 02:51
Hello,
I am thinking about buying either the sunuke wood nunchaku or a red oak nunchaku from this company.
http://www.budogu.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page11.html
Has anyone ever dealt with these people? I sent them an email last week and they havent answered back yet. Has anyone seen any of these nunchaku in real life?
Kind regards,

shisochin#1
4th May 2004, 03:57
I would try Crane mountain I have several weapons from them and I am very pleased with them. They are also very good people to deal with.

[URL=http://www.crane-mountain.com/

PingAnTu
4th May 2004, 05:41
My Brother who was for a long time a carpenter by trade just got a set of Tonfa and a couple of pairs of custom made nunchaku to yamanni ryu specifications from that company (I mean Crane Mountain). He is all smiles about the quality of the craftsmenship. They take your personal measurements and custom make good quality stuff at a very reasonable price. You can also choose all kinds of woods like purple heart or whatever you want.

I have no connection to that company on the financial side. I just think it's important to support a company who does a good job. I'll be buying some stuff soon.

n2shotokai
4th May 2004, 06:49
Are nunchaku legal where you live? Australia I thought had very strict laws. In California only instructors can buy them and I know of several instructors who have ordered via mail or e-mail only to have the nunchakus deleted from their orders. I have always purchased them in person and have not had a problem.

jezah81
4th May 2004, 08:14
There are certain states in australia which permit the purchase of nunchaku with the permission from the Australian Customs.
Regards,

Shikiyanaka
4th May 2004, 11:29
In Germany the Federal police renewed the weapons law, and now even softnunchaku with predetermined breaking point seem to be on the list. It's absurd. :p Oddly enough the new law has been initiated at a fire arm symposium; so maybe the true reason that nunchaku are outlawed here is not civil vs civil.

TomMarker
10th May 2004, 16:39
I too have a pair of nunchaku from Crane Mountain. Very high quality items.

i am ninja
16th May 2004, 20:27
i made my nunchaku from a broom handle, a chain and two 'u' pins

it was really easy, but it could work better

because it is a chain, it should (i think it should) have bearings, but it doesn't...so it jolts as you spin them etc.

so i am going to make some with an extremely large drill bit

i shall get two equal length hard wood poles (the wooden bits), and i will drill up the center of them, so i am about1 inch from the end

i will then get a finer/smaller drill bit and drill from the other end, so it drills through the wood and enters the hole (so you can see through)

i will then get the rope/string, tie a not in one end and thread it through the hole so it goes all the way up the inside of the pipe, and catches at the top

i will then do the same, but reversed (think about it) on the other'stick'

vwalla

that's my idea on how to make nunchuks

(it's got a flaw though, the length of 'string' will have to be great, because of tying the not after i have thread it through the second 'stick')

anyway that's what i just though of

i am ninja
16th May 2004, 20:35
i made my nunchaku from a broom handle, a chain and two 'u' pins

it was really easy, but it could work better

because it is a chain, it should (i think it should) have bearings, but it doesn't...so it jolts as you spin them etc.

so i am going to make some with an extremely large drill bit

i shall get two equal length hard wood poles (the wooden bits), and i will drill up the center of them, so i am about1 inch from the end

i will then get a finer/smaller drill bit and drill from the other end, so it drills through the wood and enters the hole (so you can see through)

i will then get the rope/string, tie a not in one end and thread it through the hole so it goes all the way up the inside of the pipe, and catches at the top

i will then do the same, but reversed (think about it) on the other'stick'

vwalla

that's my idea on how to make nunchuks

(it's got a flaw though, the length of 'string' will have to be great, because of tying the not after i have thread it through the second 'stick')

anyway that's what i just though of

Gene Williams
17th May 2004, 00:55
Ben, Have you turned 12 yet?