PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Jodo book?

Robert G
5th May 2004, 23:24
Hello

I have enclosed a picture of an unknown Jo book? Does anyone have any information on this?

Thank you,

George Kohler
5th May 2004, 23:28
The name looks like "Jodo Kyohan"

George Kohler
5th May 2004, 23:40
I can't read the name but it looks like it says that the person is a shihan for Shinto Muso ryu jodo and a Jodo Kyoshi for Zen Nihon Kendo Renmei.

Guy LeSieur
6th May 2004, 12:00
M. Gruzanski,

You seem to have in your hand a truly rare book. From what I managed to decypher from your picture it might be the "Jôdô Kyôhan" privately published by Shimizu Takaji when he was at the Renbukan. It might be the 3rd ed. published in 1971.

May I venture to ask if you intend to keep it?

Best regards,

Robert G
6th May 2004, 15:31
Hello,

I think my book is dated Showa 42. I have enclosed a picture from the inside back page of the book if this helps!

Thank you,

Earl Hartman
6th May 2004, 20:17
The year Showa 42 is 1971 (add 25 years to a Showa date to get the equivalent Western date). This is the "Jodo Kyohan", published by the Renbukan, as Mr. LeSieur has correctly guessed.

Also, the cover identifies Shimizu Sensei as a Hanshi of jodo in the ZNKR, not a Kyoshi.

Has the bidding started yet?

:D

Earl Hartman
6th May 2004, 22:11
Oops, BIG mistake.

Showa 42 is 1967, not 1971.

Geez. I know math isn't my strong point, but still....

:rolleyes:

George Kohler
6th May 2004, 22:24
Originally posted by Earl Hartman
Also, the cover identifies Shimizu Sensei as a Hanshi of jodo in the ZNKR, not a Kyoshi.

Sorry about that, I was typing in a hurry.

Earl Hartman
6th May 2004, 22:55
Robert:

I have consulted with Relnick Sensei and, if his copy is the same as the book you have, I have learned the following. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This book is a <60 page half-size pamphlet published by the Renbukan designed for teaching the jo seiteigata designed for the ZNKR. That is, it does not concern SMR koryu jo.

It should not be confused with the Jodo Kyohan written by Kaminoda Sensei.