PDA

View Full Version : Size 6 Mizuno Black Belt for sale

Nathan Scott
7th July 2004, 01:28
Hi all,

I ordered some belts from Tozando, and ended up with a size 6 (315 centimeters long [124 inches / 10.33 feet]) cotton black belt that I don't need.

http://tozando.com/image/judo/76vj03209.gif

These are the best quality black belts I've seen being made currently. 13 lines of stiching that are very evenly spaced, reasonably thick belt, 4.5 centimeters wide (1.8 inches - standard). Only problem is the shipping from Japan cost me about $40.00 even though the belt was only about $35.00.

Any of you bigger boys looking for a good belt are invited to contact me. I'd like to get $35.00 for it (I'll pay for shipping within the US).

This is a brand new belt with white straps and plastic on it still. See link below for more info (nevermind that it is listed as a "judo" belt - it can be used for any art that uses blackbelts):

http://tozando.com/eng/judo/76vj03209.html

If you are like me, and prefer to cut the tags off your training gear, the Mizuno emblem on the belt is a patch that should be easy to cut off.

Regards,

Walker
7th July 2004, 19:39
Yeah! Down with logos! :D

Nathan Scott
7th July 2004, 20:47
That's right pal. I like nice quality gear, but don't have any use for the advertising.

I used to take an exacto to the Mizuno "M" logo embroidered on the sleeves of their uwagi (because the quality of the gi was worth it). Pain in the !!!, and I've since fallen in love with the uwagi and hakama that Tozando makes. Pricey, but very nicely cut and assembled with great materials.

But a good black belt is really hard to find right now. The Mizuno is the best quality cotton one that I've seen recently. I just don't need a size 6 belt!

Regards,

Walker
8th July 2004, 01:07
Dittos on the Tozando hakama.

We need to run into each other again sometime soon.

Nathan Scott
12th July 2004, 01:50
Based on the overwhelming response here (0, outside of me pal), I've posted this on e-bay. Anyone interested in taking advantage of me financially is welcome to have a go at it there: ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3688214191

Regards,

Gene Williams
12th July 2004, 01:53
You could dye it red, put some gold kanji on it, buy a red and gold gi, some kung fu shoes, and a toy sword and be a Great Grand Master:D

Nathan Scott
12th July 2004, 02:20
:D

tddeangelo
19th July 2004, 03:13
Mr. Scott,

I emailed you as well, but I figured I'd post here as well to make sure I got ahold of you promptly. I'm the lucky ebayer who won the auction for this belt. Feel free to contact me via email or pm here to arrange for shipping and payment.

Thanks!

-Tom

Nathan Scott
19th July 2004, 07:20
Mr. DeAngelo,

Nice one. At least I'll get a few bucks back out of it.

I just got back from training all day, but after I sop up some of our cooking sake, I'll drop you an email reply.

Regards,

MikeWilliams
19th July 2004, 17:59
Prominent E-budo Moderator Sells Black Belts Online!

Nathan Scott
20th July 2004, 01:59
Yeah, I know - that crossed my mind!

I'm probably just being paranoid though, right? ;)

Wouldn't be much of a business for me, taking a 50% loss each time on the cost of the belt alone!

tddeangelo
20th July 2004, 02:20
If it's any consolation, I've earned yudansha rank in both martial styles I study. :)

Nathan Scott
20th July 2004, 08:37
Oh, that's good. Whew.

They wouldn't happen to be arts that I teach, would they?

:D

tddeangelo
20th July 2004, 11:08
Nah...

Danzan Ryu Jujutsu and Mei Shin Muso Ryu Iaido.

-Tom