PDA

View Full Version : ANy body out there interested in SUmo or what?

6 Pack
7th July 2004, 21:24
Is this forum a waste of space or what?

MikeWilliams
7th July 2004, 21:58
Well maybe you should contribute something?

6 Pack
8th July 2004, 17:56
Well may be your should look back more than the past 30 days and see the posts. No one is here but me and you. You got anything to say?

Robert Miller
9th July 2004, 10:42
What is that tasty soup sumo wrestlers eat to get all big?

Oniyama
9th July 2004, 12:33
It's called Chankonabe. A number of retired sumotori have become restaurantuers and offer this at their establishments. If you live in Los Angeles you can find a couple of place is that sell it in little Japan.

Take care
John

Robert Miller
9th July 2004, 20:03
What's in it that makes you get so big? What's in it, anyway?

Mitch Saret
9th July 2004, 20:36
While I may not contribute, I always check out new posts. I love watching sumo. My first art was judo and I think that contributed to it. I have an exchange student from Japan that has her parents tape the basho for me and sends it. Although, I'll have to find another source, as she is graduating with her master's, going home for three weeks, comning back for about 3 days, then moving to the University of Kentucky to work on her PhD.

When Oniyama started posting here, and moderating too, I didn't know there was a "sumo league" in America. I would love to go watch any competitions in my area. I an get to St. Louis, Chicago, or Indianapolis easily, I just haven't seen any there. Just Texas and California.

Kenseii
12th July 2004, 13:59
Recipe for Chankonabe:

http://www.soupsong.com/rchankon.html

and another (Several):

http://www.banzuke.com/chanko-nabe/

SamboSteve
13th July 2004, 18:58
People are very interested in Sumo...just check the history of this forum. We just had a request to include a Sumo forum on www.worldwidegrappling.com as well. There may not be many practitioners, but there are many interested parties. In fact, we hope to have a Sumo seminar at our Sambo school soon.