PDA

View Full Version : Seigo Ryu, Nanban Ippon Ryu, Nanban Sato Ryu: Information search

henso
12th July 2004, 18:17
Does anyone have any information concerning the structure, kamae and waza of the following systems. I would appreciate any documentary references

ChrisMoon
13th July 2004, 09:08
Still on the hunt for all things Fujita Seiko?
I would recommend that you track down either or both Nakashima Atsumi or Kaminaga Shigemi. They both deal with a lot of the work that Fujita left behind especially Nakashima Atsumi.

Steve Delaney
13th July 2004, 09:46
I'd also recommend trying to find Ueda Isamu. Ueda Isamu is the late Fujita Seiko's son-in-law and also runs a dojo in Miyagi prefecture teaches Shito ryu and the style of Kempo that was taught by Fujita Seiko.

Rennis
13th July 2004, 12:30
I'm guessing that since Nakashima Atsumi is involved that you may mean Nanba Ippo ryu rather than Nanba Ippon ryu. If that is the case than I have a copy of a Nanba Ippo ryu densho (complete with how-to pictures for the techniques, etc) and can say that while it is interesting, it is nothing particularly different or unique from anything else out there (not that you can glean all that much from such densho, but nothing really stands out as "Wow I've never seen that before!").

Nanba Ippo ryu has a decent entry in the Bugei Ryuha Daijiten which would probably be a good place to get some general info on it if you haven't already.

Best regards,
Rennis Buchner

henso
13th July 2004, 14:05
Gentlemen,

I than you for you advice. As concerns the Bugei Ryuha Daijiten entries, i have sen them, and I beleive that all the systems I mentioned, plus Nanban Ippo, named in the last post, are listed as related.
I will attempt follow up on all the information provided.

Nathan Scott
13th July 2004, 22:00
While looking for something else, I came across a couple of references to "Nanban satto-ryu kempo" ( 南蛮殺倒流 拳法 ), of which Fujita Seiko is listed as being the 3rd generation headmaster.

This group demonstrated at the Nihon Kobudo Taikai in 1990 (organized by the Nippon Kobudo Shinkokai) under 4th generation headmaster Iwata Manzo ( 岩田 方蔵 ); and again at the 1995 NKT under his son, 5th generation "soke" Iwata Genzo ( 岩田 源三 ). There is not much information provided in these programs, though the phone numbers listed are the same.

Iwata Manzo apparently passed away three years after the 1990 demo, and both of them are far more involved in Shito-ryu Karate as it turns out.

From what I can tell, Nanban satto-ryu was/is not a member of the Nippon Kobudo Shinkokai. Probably your best bet is to contact the Iwata's directly. Iwata Genzo is about 46 right now, and pretty easy to find on the net.

Regards,

Nathan Scott
13th July 2004, 22:08
Iwata Manzo Soke (w/ info & pics of Fujita Seiko):
http://www.shitoryu.org/bios/iwata/iwata.htm

Iwata Genzo Soke:
http://www.shitoryu.org/bios/iwata_2/iwata_2.htm