PDA

View Full Version : Way of the Ninja by Hatsumi on ebay!

Joe Maurantonio
19th July 2004, 23:25
Thought I'd let all interested know that a copy of
Way of the Ninja by Hatsumi Sensei is being offered
on Ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=268&item=6913542372&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Joe Maurantonio
12th August 2004, 12:30
There are now more copies listed on "Way of the Ninja" by Masaaki Hatsumi listed on ebay.com. Search under "Way Ninja Hatsumi" and you should find them.

They are for sale cheaper than retail and delivered to your door!

Kotaro
12th August 2004, 14:10
HI

your going to have to drop your price a bit if you want some of us to bid its cheaepr here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/4770028059/qid=1092315899/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-2150429-2376058?v=glance&s=books $23.80

mind you your cheaper than them rip off merchants at Buyu books they wanted $45 for it

green27712
13th August 2004, 14:32
This is not cheaper than ordering it from Sensei Donk at ninjutsu.com

Joe Maurantonio
15th August 2004, 22:06
Pricing around the Net:

www.ebay.com -- Way of the Ninja (w/ 8x10 photo) --- $24.95 + shipping
www.ninjutsu.com -- Way of the Ninja --- $35 + shipping
www.budovideos.com -- Way of the Ninja -- $24.95 + shipping
www.amazon.com -- Way of the Ninja -- $23.80 + shipping (free shipping if you order over $25 worth of books)
www.walmart.com -- Way of the Ninja -- $21.42 + shipping
www.powells.com -- Way of the Ninja -- $35.00 + shipping

These prices were obtained by going to the individual web sites.

Joe Maurantonio
29th August 2004, 14:55
More up for sale.... (not by me)

Budoka 34
29th August 2004, 15:38
Why not sell them, as long as people are willing to pay MORE THAN RETAIL!:rolleyes:

:smilejapa

green27712
30th August 2004, 20:38
Mr. kite,
I guess that I just don't feel that way. I make training tools for folks in the Bujinkan(http://www.angelfire.com/ks3/green27712). I make my tools with high quality standards and decent prices so people can afford to train. I don't follow the doctrine "get as much as you can". Although at this point I don't see the Bujinkan disappearing from the face of the earth this art has survived from the goodwill of it's members in supplying the knowledge, albeit at a cost, to students to perpetuate it's growth and stability. That's just my opinion though.

Ed Green

BTW, Joe I have been to your dojo's site- I like it alot.

Budoka 34
31st August 2004, 03:52
Ed,

Trust me, I don't follow the, "get as much as you can" doctrine either.
Hence the eye rolling.
I thought it was interesting that someone would bid more than they could get the book for retail.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=268&item=6913542372&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

BTW my copies arrived today, anyone want to pay $41!;)

green27712
31st August 2004, 14:19
Glad to hear it.
I get so disgusted with some of the folks on ebay and the junk they sell. I see all the crap that is sold and the sellers report alot of it as AUTHENTIC ANTIQUE this and that and they must think people are that stupid(because some are I suppose). I have recently put one of my items up there to sell and have had no bids yet but I know my stuff is better than some of the crap that is sold up there. I unfortunately had to stoop to puting the word NINJA in the title for my keyword search (I had to play the game a bit).
There appear to be no scruples amongst many of these folks up there.
Ebay is a game. I relaize that and there are some that will play the game just to win no matter how much it costs. These are the stupid people in my opinion because they have let their ego's get the better of them.
I myself have bid a on a few items up there and instantly have been outbid(by the seller I would guess using another account to bid). Once that happens I reach a limit for what I know the item is worth then I quit. If someone else wants to pay more for what something is worth then they have more money than me to blow and they are welcome to inflate their egos. As they saying goes: A fool and his money are soon parted. In the case of buying on ebay- that is more often than not.

In the words of Forrest Gump: "That's all I have to say about that"

Ed Green

Budoka 34
1st September 2004, 00:12
Ed,

I sell on ebay 5 days a week and I am constantly amazed by what sells and what does not.
I've had books on that I know are worth much more than what they sell for and then I have people who will pay outrageous amounts for books they could buy on Amazon for less.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

green27712
1st September 2004, 14:14
Mr. Kite,
I wonder if I might email you. I would like for you to look at something for me that I would rather discuss in private if you don't mind. Please email me at green27712@yahoo.com to start a message thread. It is concerning e-bay.

Thanks!

Ed Green

Joe Maurantonio
4th September 2004, 09:55
Interesting... When I was selling the book in July and Early August it was "pre-release" and the price I listed it for was $24... I was just selling the extra copies I had and asking the price I wanted. I am not a "book seller" and the EBAY thingie is sort of new to me. As you might guess, the book cost me $xx, then EBAY takes a cut, PAYPAL takes a cut, POSTAGE costs, etc.

After the book was released at AMAZON, I decided to sell it with FREE 8" x 10" photo that I took of Hatsumi Sensei (the author). The photo sold for $10 at the last USA Tai Kai in 2003. I think people paid me $26 (for book and picture).

The people at my dojo bought it for $25 each. They all got it the first week of July 2004 and were enjoying it long before many others heard of it. One of my students bought it from an online company the same month and paid $45 plus shipping. Read above for what some others places were/are charging.

Consider reading the feedback that the buyers gave me. Notice that I haven't sold or bought a lot (9 or 10 items) at EBAY... Like I said, I'm an EBAY novice. I still have two more Way of the Ninja books sitting on my shelf but I figure future students will buy them. They are $25 each first come first served.

The only real item I sell online is Masaaki Hatsumi Sensei's book "NINPO: Wisdom for Life" avaialble at www.kihon.com/ninpo but some people prefer to buy at EBAY or AMAZON where they have to pay more for it. GO figure.

Thank you for mentioning my web site www.kihon.com (http://www.kihon.com). We have spent a lot of time writing, gathering, designing, etc the site to offer cool reading material (and a few silly "games") for all friends of the Bujinkan and martial artists alike. I'm a bit proud that we were one of the first to have a monthly DOJO newsletter going with quality articles. Did you know that the library of congress granted us a ISSN number and that several libraries have it listed in their online catalogues?

Don't know if you checked out the Kyoketsu Shoge "flash" article, but its been around the world and translated into a dozen languages (and not a penny earned!). It was one of the earliest print articles (and web articles) on that weapon and has been referenced numerous times. You can see it at: http://kihon.com/articles/kyoketsu.html

Our KIHON newsletter went into "hold" after all of the crazy email viruses were unleashed late last year and early this year. I'm still working on a way for it to "bounce back" safely.

Thanks for all of your insights into selling online. I appreciate each of your thoughts and opinions.

Joe Maurantonio
13th September 2004, 05:27
Now available at WalMart with the cheapest prices around!